Author Topic: Hazard Relay Sub Wiring Harness for W110/111/112 or any other MB with .....  (Read 2782 times)

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Dear Friends:

For sale I have 2 X Sub-wiring harnesses that allows to have a MB Hazard Switch Relay on any Mercedes with 8 pin connector under the steering wheel column.

This is a plug and play solution made by me based on an idea extracted from a similar part made by MB for W113.

This sub-wiring harness, has three connectors. One is a male 8 pin connector which plugs directly where connects the steering multi-switch and horn harness to the main harness, and another female 8 connector where you will connect the harness coming from the steering column.  This is a kind of BRIDGE harness.  The third connector is a standard 6 prong female terminal where you attach a standard BOSCH or HELLA hazard/switch relay.  There is a 4th connection which should be made to main fuse box on terminal NO.3 or NO.5 as you like.  What is important is that this feed should be what is called a T15 connection, powered on only with ignition on the ON position.

This sub-wiring harness allows to keep your original wiring harness intact with no modifications.

The flasher relay on the engine compartment should be unplugged to use this solution.

Price reduced to USD 280 each plus shipping.  The items are in Venezuela, and shipping is made via DHL international letter package.  Item weights less than 450 grams so shipping is not so high.

If you bring your car to an electrician to modify your original wiring harness in order to have the hazard relay option, you will be charged for 3 hours of labor or more.  So this is a cost effective solution and also allows to keep your car original.  And...... on this solution all connections are soldered, there are no splices or joints as on the opposite side a modification of your harness implies.

Ship worldwide.

PM for a shipping quote or any other technical question.

Regards
L.Peterssen

bpearce

• Junior Level
  • United Kingdom, England, Brentwood, Essex
I have a 1969 Pagoda with a production number of 960016, an order no. 99010568 and a serial number of 010369. It was produced for the Australian market but collected in person at the factory by the first owner. The car doesn’t have a hazard switch and I would be interested to learn how to add hazards with and without drilling my dash.  I suspect my car pre-dates the addition of the combined direction indicator and hazard unit (Bosch part 0335240002?). Would this wiring harness work on my car as a plug-and-play solution?  Alternatively, does anyone have a wiring diagram &/or fitting instruction showing how to fit the illuminated switch?
Thanks in anticipation of your advice and assistance
Brian

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Dear Brian

Any Mercedes w113 can be retrofitted with a hazard lights relay with the correct knowledge without modification of the main wiring harness.

Early w113 were fitted with a hazard relay switch which didn’t have an illuminated knob switch when active.

You can read more about it on this thread

https://www.sl113.org/wiki/Electrical/HazardWarningLights

If you are handy with electricity and reading wiring diagrams, you can figure out how to build such a harness just by looking carefully at the technical pagoda manual on the wiring diagrams section. Also will need the right components which are somehow hard to source (I mean the connectors 8, 12 pin and terminals).

The only thing I need to know to built a sub wiring harness like this for your particular car is the kind of steering column multifunction switch your car is fitted with.

There are two types.  One with 8 pins and some more modern ones with 12 pins.  Generally speaking cars with foot operated high/low beam headlights switch have 8 pins on that steering column switch.  Cars which make the headlight high/low change on the steering column (I am not talking about the high beam light horn) have 12 pins.

Just look below the steering column and see how many pins has the connector coming from the column. And take a picture for me of the whole thing.

In that way I will built from scratch the right sub wiring harness, which will be fitted like a plug and play solution on your car.

As your car is year 1969, the most probably answer is that the connector has 12 pins.

Best regards
L.peterssen

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
I have a 1969 Pagoda with a production number of 960016, an order no. 99010568 and a serial number of 010369. It was produced for the Australian market but collected in person at the factory by the first owner. The car doesn’t have a hazard switch and I would be interested to learn how to add hazards with and without drilling my dash.  I suspect my car pre-dates the addition of the combined direction indicator and hazard unit (Bosch part 0335240002?). Would this wiring harness work on my car as a plug-and-play solution?  Alternatively, does anyone have a wiring diagram &/or fitting instruction showing how to fit the illuminated switch?
Thanks in anticipation of your advice and assistance
Brian
The initial location for a retrofitted hazard switch was under the dash next to the hood release:
https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=28309.msg204965#msg204965

another way is shown here:
https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=29086.msg210270#msg210270

more discussions here:
https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=25429.msg182158#msg182158

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 21:31:10 by 66andBlue »
Alfred
1964 230SL manual 4-speed 568H signal red
1966 230SL automatic 334G light blue (sold)
1968 280SL automatic (now 904G midnight blue)