Author Topic: Carpet Material  (Read 1401 times)

chumps

• Senior
  • USA, CA, Santa Rosa Valley
Carpet Material
« on: April 27, 2020, 21:17:51 »
I want to replace just the back two sections (the sections glued to the wooden box type structures that make up the back floor. The carpet was installed by the PO about twenty five years ago. It is still in excellent condition except for those two pieces. The carpet that is in the car has a very thin foam backing applied to it. It is a loop not square weave. It is dark blue. I have been to a supplier near me, but their carpet is a bad match (not quite the same color and not nearly as tight a loop as what I have). I'm sure the carpet was bought as a precut kit and installed by a professional. Anyone familiar with this type of carpet material? The car is rarely driven, always garaged and rarely sits in the sun.The carpet is still not faded (sections  under seats still exact color of exposed sections). I'm hoping to remedy the situation without having to put in a whole new carpet kit. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Chumps 

mrfatboy

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, Rancho Santa Fe
    • Mrfatboy
Re: Carpet Material
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 23:26:28 »
Attached is the sample carpet card from Veteran.  The are the wholesale supplier for the car set manufacturers.

This is where GAT and others get their material.

Unfortunately,  quality is not the best nowadays but it's all we have. The loop are definitely not as tight/dense as the original .

1969 280sl (Aug 1968 build)
Signal Red
4 Speed

chumps

• Senior
  • USA, CA, Santa Rosa Valley
Re: Carpet Material
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 16:25:17 »
Thank you for your response mrfatboy. I'l keep this in mind.