Author Topic: CSV relay needed  (Read 1502 times)

Ferrolanoman

• Senior
  • USA, CO, Longmont
CSV relay needed
« on: April 09, 2020, 14:52:06 »
After diagnosing a cold start issue on my '70 280SL (manual 4-speed), I decided to purchase a cold start valve relay to have as a spare. It's a pretty standard Bosch 4-prong relay used on many applications during the 1950-70's German cars. The only difference between my original metal clad relay and the newer black plastic covered unit is the round prongs on the earlier one and the spade terminals on the current (no pun intended) unit. Bud's Benz lists the original metal one for $262.00, eBay has "remanufactured" ones for $110, Pelican does't carry them--maybe they're too embarrassed to advertise such rapacious pricing. Don't ask me why but, no, I did not try the M-B Classic Center. Unless someone on this Forum has a better suggestion I guess I'll make four pigtails--going from round to spade--and use $10 Bosch plastic relays. Any good reason--electrical--why I shouldn't?

jeffc280sl

Re: CSV relay needed
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 15:06:38 »
gently pry off the aluminum can.  see pic for next step.  reinstall the aluminum cover.  works perfectly

Peter

• Silver
  • Netherlands, North Brabant, Helmond
Re: CSV relay needed
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 17:57:50 »
Bosch 0 332 019 110, in Europe max € 6,-- , fits in the original housing, and works perfectly.