Author Topic: 230SL LH Driver's Door, flawless paint  (Read 1739 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
230SL LH Driver's Door, flawless paint
« on: February 18, 2020, 13:57:43 »
Hi,

I've finally gotten around to changing my door. My 280SL had a 230SL put on years ago, and I finally changed it back to a proper 280SL door. Only the astute know the difference, but there are differences; especially with the locking mechanism latch.  I had a heck of a time finding a LH drivers door for a 280; took me over two years of looking after I made the decision back at the last PUB at Joe's place. Luckily a fellow member here remembered I was looking for one, and found one for me and through an elaborate process two years ago, we got it. I couldn't afford to change it at that time and put the new door in storage. My shop has changed the door now.

This is the DRIVERS DOOR from a LHD USA Spec 230SL. Anyway the door has a flawless 568 Signal Red paint job, and this was done as part of the restoration years ago. Also just in 2015 the door was refinished again. So, you simply would NOT find a better paint job on any door, anywhere. Period.

$500 + Freight. Most of the door internals were moved to the new door, but any specific to the 230 and not a 280 will be provided with the door.

PM me for additional questions.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 20:38:07 by mdsalemi »
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid