Author Topic: Bracket for York AC  (Read 2367 times)

Gomoll

Bracket for York AC
« on: February 17, 2020, 21:59:23 »
Hi, I’m looking for the OEM bracket as shown on the picture for time correct restoration. Any hint for replacement is welcome but fair offers will be appreciated!!
Thanks for
Reg. Andreas

doitwright

• Gold
  • USA, IL, Willowbrook
Re: Bracket for York AC
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 23:57:09 »
When I return to the states in a few days I can provide you with photos and dimensions so you can make one or have one made. Personally, I would be after a W108 AC compressor bracket. Reasons have been previously discussed in other threads. Look up "sedan bracket".
Frank Koronkiewicz
Willowbrook, Illinois

1970 280SL Originally Light Ivory - Now Anthracite Gray Metallic

Gomoll

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 06:37:32 »
Frank,
sounds great ! I appreciate for.
regards
Andreas

Hermosa

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 23:26:18 »
Greetings Andreas.  I have the entire A/C system from my '71 280SL.  The bracket
just to the right of the one you have circled, I loaned to Pierre Hedary (about 2
hours South of here).  He made aluminum replicas.  Don't know how many or how
many he has left.  I'm open to any ideas.  I'm certain I have the one you circled.

Hermosa

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 06:44:12 »
I will look tomorrow for the bracket you have circled.  I know I have the larger one
next to it.  I will also forward Pierre's phone number.  He has a bunch of Youtube
videos, in case you get anxious with the time difference.  Honestly, I do not know
how much lighter the aluminum one is.  My concern would be the quality of the welds
and how that would hold-up over time.  There is lots of vibration towards the front
of the engine.  Pierre's last name is Hedary.  The larger bracket has lots of folds.  He
likes to hide in his shop.  I don't see him too often, but we have a great relationship.

Gomoll

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 09:06:21 »
Thanks for!
I do have the other two (large folder and  pipe style) but not the one I circled.
To be honest I do not really trust in aluminium at this place because of welding and vibrations as you mentioned. So oem steel would be much better!
I appreciate your support!

Hermosa

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 01:25:52 »
Pierre:  1-407-765-2867.  He makes alot of noise in the shop.  If he doesn't answer
or reply to you, let me know and I'll call him.  I want to find out anyway, if has even
installed at least one of the aluminum brackets.  I will forward pictures, if you send me your
E-mail address.  Today was a chaotic day. 

Gomoll

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 06:08:57 »
my email is
gomoll@t-online.de