Author Topic: TIRE JACK STORAGE  (Read 1045 times)

John Betsch - "SADIE"

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Silver
  • USA, NY, SOUTHOLD
TIRE JACK STORAGE
« on: February 11, 2020, 15:19:01 »
(I had added the following below to my original post entitled tire jack decal, however it seems most felt that discussion was over, hence no discussion, so I am separating the question)

Not to belabor the [tire jack decal] thread but I see that in some postings, it is noted that the jack handle slid into/is stored inside the screw jack. And also it's how it is shown on the hanging jack tag.

If you look at the picture on my post [attached again] of my jack set up, the jack handle has its "own" clip which is how it was when I acquired the car from Germany in 1986.

Is this incorrect?

Could it be that the handle "holder" is supposed to be for the something else, maybe the wheel alignment tool?

Could there have been a production change in 1965.  I don't seem to see similar clips on other pictures

jb
JB; 1965 German market SL, Rot Met 571, Summary Code 213 Interior

mbzse

• Platinum
  • Sweden, Stockholm, Stockholm
Re: TIRE JACK STORAGE
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 15:48:13 »
Quote from: SADIE
.../...Could it be that the handle "holder" is supposed to be for the something else, maybe the wheel alignment tool?
Could there have been a production change in 1965.  I don't seem to see similar clips on other pictures
These are of course finer details re: trunk interior.
The ratchet handle goes inside the external spiral thread jack, yes.
Three of the four pinching brackets that are on the trunk floor of your car, were later on deleted, yes. I attach a picture showing three of these brackets used for the angled 17mm wheel bolt tool, and the wheel pin.

Second (middle) picture the later type Pagoda trunk, in which the 17mm tool and the wheel pin were stored in the spare wheel cover. This can be seen in third picture
I shall take a peek in the parts list also
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 16:02:11 by mbzse »
/Hans S