Author Topic: February sunshine on the Cotê d’Azur  (Read 3634 times)

AGT

• Senior
  • Scotland, Midlothian, Edinburgh
February sunshine on the Cotê d’Azur
« on: February 08, 2020, 13:06:08 »
Lovely sunshine and unseasonably warm in France this week. Dusted off the Pagoda and drove down to Villefranche-sur-Mer for lunch and an afternoon at the beach. The car had not turned a wheel since October.
Andrew

1966 230SL

lreppond

• Gold
  • USA, CA, San Leandro
Re: February sunshine on the Cotê d’Azur
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 19:22:45 »
Wow. This is about as posh as it gets. The car is absolutely beautiful and in perfect surroundings.
~Len

1971 280 SL
576G red/251 Beige
4 speed manual
Family owned since new (father —> son)

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton and Brisbane Queensland
  • Audit Committee
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 21:53:51 »
Nice Andrew. 
Rolf Dieter and I remember fondly driving your car a couple of years ago around the coast to Monaco from Nice.  It’s a great car and a great drive.

Garry
Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 00:04:31 »
Hello Andrew,

Nice to see the car again that due to your kind generacety both Garry and I so enjoyed during the Euro 2018 event in France and for the visit to The Paul Bracq Atelier visit. Thank you again!

Best Regards,

Dieter

PS. My offer to drive my 280 sl will always be open to you should you and your wife ever plan a vacation trip to Niagara Falls (only a 1 1/2 hour drive from my location.
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

wayne R

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 11:19:49 »
Sorry a little late,but just notice it so i had answer this.
My wife and i have traved there every  second year now for about the last 15 years,
but not in Febuary.
So Andrew, Garry and Dieter, it was good to read and see photos of Pagoda down in the
Cote d* Azur south of France.
We usually go late August, early September, and always stay at a fabulous  small fishing village called,
Sanary-Sur-Mer, reason is it is a little less hustle and busy , not as many tourists as other spots,
Has great food, fresh market and fishing boats back in every morning,and you can drive to
everywhere in the Cote-d*Azur, because its  sought of in the middle.
Wonderful place to stay, its also just around the corner from Bandol,.hope to go next year perhaps.

wayne R

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 11:33:40 »
Sorry a little late,but just notice it so i had answer this.
My wife and i have traved there every  second year now for about the last 15 years,
but not in Febuary.
So Andrew, Garry and Dieter, it was good to read and see photos of Pagoda down in the
Cote d* Azur south of France.
We usually go late August, early September, and always stay at a fabulous  small fishing village called,
Sanary-Sur-Mer, reason is it is a little less hustle and busy , not as many tourists as other spots,
Has great food, fresh market and fishing boats back in every morning,and you can drive to
everywhere in the Cote-d*Azur, because its  sought of in the middle.
Wonderful place to stay, its also just around the corner from Bandol,.hope to go next year perhaps.

hansr433

• Associate Member
  • Senior
  • Italy, Tuscany, Torrita di Siena
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 12:58:04 »
Hello Andrew,

Nice to see the car again that due to your kind generacety both Garry and I so enjoyed during the Euro 2018 event in France and for the visit to The Paul Bracq Atelier visit. Thank you again!

Best Regards,

Dieter

PS. My offer to drive my 280 sl will always be open to you should you and your wife ever plan a vacation trip to Niagara Falls (only a 1 1/2 hour drive from my location.

God, you guys are very generous.  In the motorbike scene we say, "Don't ask to use my wife or my bike".
Hans
1963 220SE Cabrio (Exterior: Navy MB 332, Top: Haarz Navy, Interior: 482P Sahara Beige)
1963 BMW R69S

AGT

• Senior
  • Scotland, Midlothian, Edinburgh
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 21:55:26 »
Wayne, that looks fabulous.  I don’t know this village but I do hope that the world will all be sorted for your visit in 2021.  Let me know if you are in the area.  I would be delighted to meet up.  Not looking so good for 2020 as there is such a strict lockdown in France just now.  It is a very sad thought that my 50 km drive in February might be the car’s only turn out for 2020. 

Hansr, that’s very amusing. I can assure you that no wife lending was involved!  However much we treasure them, our cars are only cars and they are insured.  As I see it, Dieter and Gary flying around the globe based on some guy saying by email that he had a Pagoda in the South of France that they could borrow actually showed far more trust than I did in lending my car.  The person who keeps an eye on our house in France was there when Dieter and Gary turned up to collect the car and he could not believe what was happening or how far these young gentlemen had travelled.  Having reached the stage in life where no one else would put up with me, I do hope that I can see a difference between a car and a wife.

Andrew

1966 230SL