Author Topic: Re-chromed "A" pillar trim  (Read 2433 times)

Aaron h

Re-chromed "A" pillar trim
« on: February 06, 2020, 20:05:15 »
Hi fellas/ladies.  I have a set of re-chromed "A" pillar chrome coverings.  I have no use for them, and I thought one of might need or want a set.  Bear in mind the windshield, top windshield frame bow, and window seal chrome trim on the "A" pillar must be removed to install these, and that the upper an lower extremities must be sealed with glazing putty or glass sealant to prevent the ingress of water.  $500 or best offer, plus shipping.  Don't be afraid to make a reasonable offer.  All I can say is no and/or counteroffer until we meet a happy medium. :) 

Paul Cain

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • USA, CA, Newport Beach
Re: Re-chromed "A" pillar trim
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 14:04:13 »
Aaron
Are these “A” pillar chrome parts still available?  Thx. Paul Cain

Aaron h

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 03:05:26 »
Hi Paul.  Yes, they're still available.  Send me a private message or an email if you wish.  AARON

lowpad

• Senior
  • USA, CT, New Preston
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 14:22:03 »
They look very nice.  May I ask who your chromer is?
1966 230SL (6/66 build)
French export
4-speed manual
158 Exterior / 040 Hardtop
2001 SLK230
1996 Porsche 993
1991 Acura NSX

Aaron h

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 20:52:55 »
They look very nice.  May I ask who your chromer is?

It was Knox Custom Chrome, but they've been closed for close to two years now.  I asked the owner why he closed.  He said it was a combination of the never ending having to keep up with the EPA regulations (hundreds of thousands of dollars) and the fact that people in the southeast refused to spend the money necessary to re-chrome anything.  They expect a whole car to be a +/- $1,500 job.  He literally couldn't stay afloat.  So now there are zero platers in my area.  The closest is 3 hours away.   I love the area where i live, but I hate the frugal-ness of people around here.  The majority expects something for nothing.  I just don't understand.