Author Topic: Texas Barn Find 280SL Complete Project Car  (Read 2335 times)

nobrakes

Texas Barn Find 280SL Complete Project Car
« on: February 03, 2020, 23:20:48 »
Recently extracted from a Texas farm after nearly 30 years. To be accurate, this 280SL was not in a barn but in a wooded area parked on the dirt. Supposedly it was covered for at least 15 years give or take. My plan is to part it out, but having done that before I know how much work that is. So, I am offering it as a complete car. The interior is pretty bad but is all there, as is the engine although I am told it lost oil pressure and died in 1991 and was never evaluated. The wheels were sunk a good five inches and I have yet to completely assess the condition of the floors, but am sure there is some rust there and in the trunk floor and likely some other hidden places. Everything trim wise looks really good except for a passenger side broken taillight lens. I believe the car was originally white with blue interior. It has what looks like a dealer installed AC system with underdash vent unit. The real money is parting it out but I thought I would float it out there for $22,000. Its a better car than what I see on currently listed on Beverly Hills Car Club at about the same price. The car is in the Dallas TX area and I'll be photographing it extensively soon.

nobrakes

Re: Texas Barn Find 280SL Complete Project Car
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 22:59:53 »
SOLD