Author Topic: AC Condenser  (Read 1714 times)

Gomoll

AC Condenser
« on: January 27, 2020, 13:09:25 »
Hi, I´m looking to buy the precondenser and main condenser for as OEM type for AC of a 280 SL [71]; I do have old used ones an need to replace  for time correct restoration plan.
Same with all thinny piping out of cooper to connect condensers and YORK compressor and so on.
I´m not sure about best source to buy. So any hints will be appreciatet.
Thanks for help

doitwright

• Gold
  • USA, IL, Willowbrook
Re: AC Condenser
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 06:27:29 »
I could offer you a used pre condenser and main condenser that was from a dealer installed Frigiking in a 70. However, if I understand your post correctly, you are in search of new components. I am mainly responding to your post because of your reference to OEM type of AC. OEM as it pertains to AC is a bit of a misnomer since Mercedes never designed an AC system for the W113. The common underdash systems whether from Frigiking, Keuhlmeister or whatever were likely manufactured in the US and installed after the car arrived in the US. While I am not saying what you should do, most people will use a (Sanden) compressor and a parallel flow condenser in lieu the older components. They offer better performance and efficiency, less stress on the engine and occupy less space.
Frank Koronkiewicz
Willowbrook, Illinois

1970 280SL Originally Light Ivory - Now Anthracite Gray Metallic

Pastarnac

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • USA, MA
Re: AC Condenser
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 21:48:22 »
I am also looking to set the AC in my 280SL but I am looking at Sanden compressor plus new condenser.

That being said ... please help me narrow down what I am looking for:

a) the appropriate size of condenser that would fit on 280SL
b) any limitations regarding the position or type of connectors?

Thanks,
Ovi