Author Topic: Problem Ordering John Olson Springs?  (Read 1322 times)

Typpo

• Junior Level
  • USA, CA, Los Angeles
Problem Ordering John Olson Springs?
« on: October 21, 2019, 22:11:49 »
Is anyone experiencing issues getting John Olson Springs?

I placed an order for a set of 5 sport springs in May this year and they are still not delivered. In June he said his supplier made a wrong set of springs. In August he said there was a supply chain delay. I haven’t heard from him since and he is not responding to my emails. John is a well respected figure in the classic MB circle and was the editor of SL Market Letter for many years. I consider him to be 100% trustworthy. I hope he is ok.

I just want to know if this is an isolated incident with me only or otherwise.
_________
Typpo
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL
1966 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
2007 BMW X5

wayne R

Re: Problem Ordering John Olson Springs?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 02:41:48 »
Thought i would mention, about 20 years ago i did the same on a 1973 Alfa Spider,in Ca,
was younger then, thought it would make it handle alot better etc,etc, well the mistake
i made was that it ended up the worst thing i ever did, my wife complained,and i was never happy with it,
THe sports springs coil all round made the car so stiff,and very uncomfortable, so removed the springs,
fitted the originals back on, and fitted a set of adjustable koni shocks on instead,made the car great.
But with a pagoda ,im sure would be similiar, but i would not fit konis on it,i like it just stock, the way it is,
But every man does his on thing,hope it turns out the way you want it.   regards.