Author Topic: SOLD - Becker 7948 Mexico  (Read 2669 times)

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
SOLD - Becker 7948 Mexico
« on: September 18, 2019, 17:17:43 »
Sold (24/Apr/2020)

Hello
I am selling my 7948 Mexico retro radio/head unit. It fits in a standard DIN slot

It's used - taken out of the car recently but apart from the original box all working and complete (including instructions, cds and the like). it was professionally installed - and uninstalled - and comes with the cables for the GPS tracker (satnav) and phone microphone. It's about 12 years old

It looks like an old Becker, but a) works  ;) and b) has a satnav, telephone (can take a SIM card for the Address book function), am/fm radio, SD card slot for music and iPod/iPhone support (30pin connection but I have the 30pin to Lightning adapter). Radio has all the mod-cons like traffic news, presets etc. It has bluetooth but NOT for streaming music from your device.

These are "offered" on ebay (in Europe, in particular) for serious money. No idea who is buying them for that but this is priced well below those listed as "best offer" . They were discontinued for a while but there seems to be a dribble of them suggesting Becker still make them - perhaps aimed solely at the high-end restorers in Germany? eBay currently... https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Becker+7948&_sacat=0

US - I am not sure if maps can be bought to make the SatNav (used to be N/A) work and the FM band is 87.5 - 108MHz, but should work faultlessly all over Europe

I'll pack and ship (at cost - you are responsible for any import duties/fees) and am asking for £1500. Pics below and I can transfer over a video of it working if you PM me an email address. I'll leave this on here for a bit before it goes on the Facebook group. I "upgraded" to a unit with DAB/no satnav

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 20:04:33 by JamesL »
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather