Author Topic: Lovely evening out with the wifey  (Read 3728 times)

teahead

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • USA, WA, Des Moines
  • aka "Rob"
Lovely evening out with the wifey
« on: September 04, 2019, 12:34:43 »
Harbor Avenue in Seattle
1970 280SL auto, AC - aka "Edelweiss"

teahead

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • USA, WA, Des Moines
  • aka "Rob"
Re: Lovely evening out with the wifey
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 12:35:18 »
One more

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 01:23:21 »
Beautiful pictures, Rob, indeed!

Your 'wifey' looks very classy with her scarf, very contemporary - almost a bit 'Audrey Hepburn'-like. ;D ;D 8)

That's how the more adult wifes did that in the old days when our cars were young! 8)
Nowadays a very rare sight... most more modern wifes are too picky or prissy for this kind of top-down driving without wind deflector or so. They're used to much more modern air-conditioned car stuff with high belt-line and integrated wind-stoppers.... ??? ::)

In contrast, your wife is not the sort of very passive passenger but really seems to enjoy driving the Pagoda.  :D
Very well!

Oh my, what do I remember the view onto the Manhattan-like silhouette of downtown Seattle from the other side of the pond (Pudget Sound).  ;)
Was there with the fellow students quite often during my short-term visiting scholar stay in Seattle back in 1995. ;)
That's where I got my Pagoda from, brought it back 'with me' from Seattle.
George, the pre-owner surely did not pass the Harbor Avenue with 'my' car; he put it back in storage when he obtained the car back in 1982.

But maybe Darla did, the pre-preowner. 8)
Pure speculation though whether she did top-down driving along Harbor Avenue in the same stylish way wearing a scarf like your wife(y) does.... ;) :D 8)

Great pictures!

Best,
Achim

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:02:44 by 114015 »
Achim
(Germany)

teahead

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • USA, WA, Des Moines
  • aka "Rob"
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 01:52:43 »
Thanks Achim!

Thanks also to this very helpful message board for getting the car running really really good!

Wife definitely is into scarves.  Has a closet full of them!  She has a pet peave of hair flying in her eyes, so I get the need for scarves.   Except on the freeway, she prefers the wind deflector down!  I concur!

hgp-pagoda

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 06:08:06 »
It looks like you have a two tone pagoda... is the hard top same colour as the hub caps?  050G black and 044G white?

Do you have any other pics you could share?  I'm thinking about a car with these colours... would love to see a few more images.

teahead

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • USA, WA, Des Moines
  • aka "Rob"
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 13:14:47 »
Ya, black top and wheels offer great contrast