Author Topic: Cracked leather on Driver's side armrest late 230SL  (Read 2199 times)

Xhafer Orhan

• Junior Level
  • USA, MI, Grosse Pointe Woods
Cracked leather on Driver's side armrest late 230SL
« on: July 26, 2019, 22:49:52 »
Having difficulty locating repair person to reupholster "cow horn" shaped armrest.  Keep telling me to "get a skin" to cover it.  Can anyone pointe me too someone willing to take this on in the Detroit Michigan, USA area.  Can't believe this is so difficult.  Crack keeps branching out and is now really ugly.  Have owned her since 1971 and would like to treat her better.  Any suggestions???  Thanks  Jeff.............

dirkbalter

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Corona
Re: Cracked leather on Driver's side armrest late 230SL
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 22:58:23 »
Hi Jeff
Not completely sure what you mean by driver side armrest but see link below. (Might be a bit far for you)
https://www.heritagetrim.com/mercedes/w113-pagoda-roadster/

Dirk
Dirk
66 230 SL
70 280 SEL
53 CHEVY 3100
18 C300 COUPE
05 HD FLSTNI

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 13:48:05 »
Having difficulty locating repair person to reupholster "cow horn" shaped armrest.  Keep telling me to "get a skin" to cover it.  Can anyone pointe me too someone willing to take this on in the Detroit Michigan, USA area.  Can't believe this is so difficult.  Crack keeps branching out and is now really ugly.  Have owned her since 1971 and would like to treat her better.  Any suggestions???  Thanks  Jeff.............
You mean the arm rest that is on the driver's door, is that correct? 
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

Xhafer Orhan

• Junior Level
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 18:15:43 »
Thanks for the response Scott.  Yes I mean the arm rest that is on the driver's door.  Any help is appreciated.  Jeff

Xhafer Orhan

• Junior Level
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 18:18:45 »
Dirk,    I mean the arm rest that is on the driver's door.  I'll check out your suggestion.  Thanks   Jeff...........

Xhafer Orhan

• Junior Level
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 20:30:31 »
Dirk,  Thanks again.  Already tried them.  Will sell and install a complete redo of the interior but not repair jobs.  Trying another  upholsterer Monday.  Jeff......

Xhafer Orhan

• Junior Level
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 05:31:27 »
Found a guy that will undertake the job.  Found it easier to get him to do so when I told him I would bring in the arm rest in October and he could have 6 months to work it into his busy schedule while the car is in storage.  Yea!!!