Author Topic: Fitting door seal 230 SL  (Read 1484 times)

Mike H

• Junior Level
  • Australia, New South Wales, East Ballina
Fitting door seal 230 SL
« on: July 25, 2019, 07:25:50 »
After restoration I am about to reassemble the doors, which are off the car.
I am wondering wether fixing the rubber door seal to the door first, before trying to hang and set the gaps around the door, will interfere unnecessarily.
I could hang the door first, but fitting the seal on a bench  would be more accurate when using contact glue.
Anyone done the exercise?
Thanks,
Mike.

Minerva

• Associate Member
  • Regular
  • Ireland, Connaught, Manorhamilton
Re: Fitting door seal 230 SL
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 17:33:38 »
Just fitted a pair of seals on the car, no issues, just masked the area either side of the seal to keep the glue neat, started at the ba k of the door and worked around.

mbzse

• Platinum
  • Sweden, Stockholm, Stockholm
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 18:49:05 »
Quote from: Minerva
Just fitted a pair of seals on the car.../... started at the back of the door and worked around
Did you use any special method in order to reach in and  fit the screws holding the metal profile, the one that retains the rubber seal at the front of the door (below A pillar)? See picture. Seems hard to do this, with door attached to the car.

Anybody else on this Forum who has performed this task, with doors still attached to the car ?
I also add a picture of a loose door showing where the strip is fitted.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 20:30:30 by mbzse »
/Hans S

Minerva

• Associate Member
  • Regular
  • Ireland, Connaught, Manorhamilton
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 19:55:52 »
Mike, didn't fit that one as they are missing on the car in doing, they were left off after a previous restoration. If I had them I prob wouldn't of been able to fit them.as the car is on a 2 post ramp and the doors are not able to fully open yet.....