Author Topic: FIrst Spring Drive of 2 Canadian Pagodas  (Read 3192 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
FIrst Spring Drive of 2 Canadian Pagodas
« on: April 07, 2019, 00:01:58 »
Hugh your new Membership Director for North America and your’s truly took our first spring drive on the outskirts of our city London, Ontario. It was a nice day 17 C and the sun made it specially nice. Needless to say we turned a few heads along the way :) most of all we enjoyed the fresh air and plan to do it more often as time passes. Hugh and I only live about a 10 minute drive apart.

Dieter

Question, have you all out there taken your first spring drive yet?
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

kampala

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Hermosa Beach
Re: FIrst Spring Drive of 2 Canadian Pagodas
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 09:21:05 »
Not Canada but —- I was back in California a couple weeks ago and took the 250 out for good stretch.  It really needed it and ran much nicer at the end of the drive. 

250sl - later - manual
280sl - 1971 - Auto - LSD

Aslam

Steve.k

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 15:00:28 »
Hugh and Dieter,

Congrats for getting your Pagodas out onto the roads so soon.   Mine is still in the upholstery shop getting some new leather, but should be done in a few weeks.

Any issues getting them going?   This will be my second year with my SL and I’m looking forward to many pleasant drives.   

Happy motoring!

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 15:58:54 »
Hi Steve,

Never had amy ny issues getting mine going after a long  anaduan winter. I take he for a spin even in the winter time when the roads are nice and dry to keep the engine parts nice and wet :) 10 to 15 km ride at a time is all I do then. Last week I gave her a wasch then put her back under the cover. Yesterday was a great day so Hugh and I took both our cars for a bit longer run it was great fun. Since Hugh lives so near by we will do this more often, I must say it turned a lot of heads when Hugh’s shiny white 52 year Pagoda lead the way and my blue one at 50 years young followed him :) next time we shall make a stop near a nice Ice Cream Sand where I stop often when I go for my drives in the summer time. You should never have issues driving yours Steve, our cars love to be driven. Happy motoring always!

Cheers,

Dieter

PS. Should you have issues starting then ... first turn your ignishion key all the way right, this will activate the pump near the fuel tank, then start your engine. If this does not work make sure all your fuses are tight and okay. You should be able to hear your fuel pump turn when you turn the key to the right.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 16:04:40 by Rolf-Dieter »
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL