Author Topic: Most comfortable seats  (Read 2758 times)

wayne R

Most comfortable seats
« on: March 27, 2019, 01:09:18 »
Think i have sat in just about  most seats in autos, and in my opinion ,
Citroens  SM has to be the most comfortable there is.

Bonnyboy

• Gold
  • Canada, BC, North Vancouver
  • 1969 280sl Euro 4sp LSD
Re: Most comfortable seats
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 03:29:52 »
A friend of mine lived in an antique house and had a living room void of furniture except for a turntable / amp / speakers, a small coffee table and a pair of those seats mounted on brackets in exactly the right location to experience the music to the most.   He was single.   That was the way to listen to music.  They were comfortable.

Ian
69 280SL
65 F-100
73 CB750K
75 MGB
78 FLH
82 CB750SC
94 FLHTCU
08 NPS50

Chris_ATL

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 16:05:33 »
The XM, along with the DS and even the ugly BX, are just shockingly comfy cars to sit in and years ahead of their times... Except when the hydraulics broke...

Mike Hughes

• Platinum
  • USA, VA, Blue Grass
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 20:15:08 »
I hate to say it, but even the thinly disguised lawn chairs that passed for seats in a 2CV are surprisingly comfortable, but as a serial M.G. owner I may just be a glutton for punishment!  I had a friend who drove a DS for years, which may be the most smoothly comfortable conveyance that I have ever ridden in.  His hydraulics worked pretty well as I recall.  Once he hit a D.C. pot hole and popped both passenger side tires.  He pulled the spare out from under the hood and put it on the front.  He then placed the one of two damaged wheels in the rear footwell behind the driver's seat and the other back under the hood, set the suspension on full high, and drove home on three wheels!
- Mike Hughes  -ô¿ô-
  1966 230SL Auto P/S
  Havana Brown (408)
  Light Beige (181)
  Cream M-B Tex (121)

MikeSimon

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, North Royalton
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 16:20:49 »
They may have put a lot of thought into that: When (not "if"!) the cars breaks down, you have to spend a lot of time sitting there to wait for the tow truck...that's why you want to be as comfortable as possible.
1970/71 280SL Automatic
Sandy Beige
Parchment Leather
Power Steering
Automatic
Hardtop
Heated Tinted Rear Window
German specs
3rd owner