Author Topic: A superb leather restorer preservative  (Read 1903 times)

wayne R

A superb leather restorer preservative
« on: March 03, 2019, 13:08:12 »
Thought i would  let our fine Pagoda members know about a fabulous leather preservative,
that i discovered about 20 years ago while living in CA. Those days i owned quite a few Porsche 911,
and dozens of other makes and model classics that had leather seating.
I remember spending hundreds of dollars trying out leather  restorers on those cars,a member from a Jaguar club
told me about this product named --Obenaufs--,made Idaho  USA about 30 years ago.
Was used by US military in Afghanistan,and Iraq,invented my mr Obenauf after many years as a fireman,and originally
made for leather boots,and then any item made from leather.
It is fantastic, easy to apply,and is made from all natural products,will never lift colour or dye, like some brands do,
if that happens throw it the trash, They have 2 products an oil and a LP heavy duty,small 4 oz will last along time,
i mainly have used the LP,. With your Pagoda with leather it will preserve and make your seats look fabulous.
Go to ---Obenaufs---high quality leather conditioning for  30 years.----regards.

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
Re: A superb leather restorer preservative
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 23:52:08 »

Dear Wayne,

Thanks a lot for the info. ;)
But ....
.... is it really? :o

I mean I have seen quite a couple of sensational products to "cure" or to preserve especially old leather but there have not been any miracles so far with old dry leather... :o :(

Is it really as good as you claim or even superior to competitor products?
Or is it basically on the same level as is Connolly Hide Food or Mecguiars or equivalent?

Have you used it these past 20 years? And compared it to anything else? ;)

Thanks a lot & best,

Achim

Achim
(Germany)

wayne R

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 00:56:09 »
Thankyou Achim, i will answer  you best way i can,-----yes it is that good----.
In the last 12-15 years i have only used Lexol, Meguiars, a turtal wax leather conditioner,and Obenaufs,
reason was i had 2 Porsche911,and a Merc 450SL here, The 450SL was my best example  dont have photos as i sold that about 13 years ago,140.000miles,
in NewZealand,it had black original leather with fine cracks on edges of seats and was hard and not supply,Obenaufs made those seats
usable and soft ,but it took about 3 months of applying it every week  but was worth it,and new owner purchase it like that.
Talk about lexol,i have shown Obenaufs to Local rolls royce members here and they have switched from lexol to Obenaufs,one is
a 65 Silver cloud.In last 4 years i have been on Porsche Pelican parts Forum in USA, nearly all those members use Obenaufs,
funny ,back east, they often say ,around october,november before they store there car away,its obenaufs time,before storing it.
The best place i buy mine from is every year i go to US for a weeki buy mine from ,The Boot barns, cowboy leather shops,they
always have it.
Achim  send me you Pm with address and i will post you a bottle, i dont mind abit,---you will have it in about 9-10days,regards Wayne.

John Betsch - "SADIE"

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Silver
  • USA, NY, SOUTHOLD
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 22:26:41 »
It's available on Amazon; will give it a try

JB
JB; 1965 German market SL, Rot Met 571, Summary Code 213 Interior

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg