Author Topic: Heated Seats Anyone  (Read 6841 times)

quattrouser

Re: Heated Seats Anyone
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2019, 03:30:54 »
I just had the entire interior of my 1969 280SL redone by a company called Heritage Upholstery in Palm Springs California. One of the options that they include in their packages is a heated seat option that includes pads, controls and harnesses. The heating elements are integrated into the seat cushions similar to how a factory install would work, but the controls are basically a remote mounted switch that you place under the bottom of the seats. No need for a secondary pad ontop, totally original looking. I would reach out to Heritage and see if you could source the equipment and whether it would be possible to install them yourself.

I haven't had the chance to reinstall them into the car yet, but looking forward to testing them out.

Peter

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2019, 15:53:21 »
Have you asked your wife if heated seats would make the car more comfortable to her? 
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2019, 22:48:32 »
It's a good project regardless.
I'm puzzling through one myself at the moment
No need for it. But because I can...
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

russelljones48

• Senior
  • USA, NC, Mooresville
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 21:32:53 »
For the DIY people.  Just ran across these for one of my other projects.  I have the seats pictured side-by-side and I'm pretty sure these would fit the Pagoda seats.  Looks like a nice kit and gets good reviews from the "Cobra" guys.

http://performanceunlimited.com/cobravalley_interior/seatheaters.html