Author Topic: Operating System Upgrade  (Read 4237 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Operating System Upgrade
« on: November 23, 2018, 15:20:13 »
Today your favorite website has been down for a couple of hours. Your webmaster installed a new version of the operating system on which the software runs.

If you spot anything untoward or strange, please send an e-mail to admin@sl113.org with the following information:

• the URL (address line) where you encountered something
  • as clear as possible a description of what happened, and what you were doing at the time
  • if at all possible, a screenshot of what you saw.

How to make a screenshot on a mac computer
Screenshot on iPhone or iPad
How to make a screenshot in Windows 10

Thanks

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: Operating System Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 12:07:20 »
As a result of the Operating System upgrade, the database system has also upgraded. This created some inconsistencies between the database contents, structure and our software. This primarily affected new members trying to register, but it may affect people modifying their Profile. So do test this and let me know if it affects you.

The changes have now been made to our system.

Another change is that the size of the pictures of attachments to posts has now increased. So you should see bigger thumbnails.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!