Author Topic: An Idea To Retouch Small Upholstery and Soft Top Colour/Surface Imperfections  (Read 1215 times)

Pawel66

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Konstancin-Jeziorna
I thought I would share it - maybe someone will find it useful or someone may share a better idea.

Even when we have a new upholstery or soft top, over time, small imperfections/scratches may appear because of use or work we do on our cars. I have been looking for a good home way of touching up those imperfections.

What I found in the shop with supplies for painters-artists was a range of water based pencils/brushes. I managed to find a colour for my upholstery and for soft top (picture). Right after touching up you just remove gently excess with a paper towel. Then I impregnated the touch up paint with coconut oil on upholstery and with a soft top impregnating agent I have from MB.

Of course it would take having a sample of the material in the artists supply shop to find the exact colour match.

On the picture, at the ends of the two parrallel pens the fabric was painted with them (this is the dark blue Sonnenland).

What do you use for touch ups in similar situations?
Pawel

280SL 1970 automatic 180G Silver
W128 220SE
W121 190SL
G-class