Author Topic: 230sl Soft top clips  (Read 1312 times)

Royzeboyze

230sl Soft top clips
« on: October 12, 2018, 17:04:07 »
Can anybody out there help me locate clips that sit in the guides on the soft top, at the front that keeps the rubber pieces in place when the door is shut. I have the star pieces that hold the rubber in the guides to stop the rubbers moving. I have a part no 1137250141 They are triangular in shape and are fixed to the front on the A post to stop the rubber guide from bending over
I have these metal clips on the passengers side but they are missing on the drivers side RHD. I have just put a new hood on and hopefully I can locate these parts.

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
Re: 230sl Soft top clips
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 23:24:02 »
I have a part no 1137250141 They are triangular in shape and are fixed to the front on the A post to stop the rubber guide from bending over

Roy,
Welcome to the Forum !
If I did not know exactly what you were referring to - it would have been difficult to understand what you were posing to. ;)
Hard to see on the pics

Yes, these triangular clips .... there are at least four on each car
- and a couple of these on the hardtop as well. :o

Well...,
that was your first post today or even ever to this forum,
and that can make a regular forum reader here 'believe' that you are not too knowledgeable about the Pagoda yet or a newbie o perhaps just a(n interior) shop owner - in the latter case your question would be more than understandable. :D ;D

Understandable in such way that if you were a long-time 113 owner and Forum attendee here, you would have known that it is always advisable to ask for a part at your local Mercedes-Benz dealership first - especially when you have already got a parts number - which you have in this case. ;D ;) :)

That doesn't imply you should buy a part at your local friendly dealer,  ???
but at least you are getting informed on the availability of that particular part - and what the price is. Eeek ! :o
The latter makes people/owners often look further - for parts supply alternatives, i.e. the aftermarket.

Well,
if you plan to go to your local MB dealership and see the parts supply cleark,
go and ask for a chair and a glass of water first. ??? :o
Only then you should ask for the price of this little clip .... :'( :'(

Well,
see it with a positive eye...; at least the clip is available
but you need a fortune to afford one ... :P :P

Sadly,
I am not aware of any of the aftermarket suppliers offering this particular clip...,
maybe Authentic Classics perhaps but I am not sure.
The others not AFAIK.
That's sad, it's just a little clip, not too complicated. But also formed in a specific way that it clicks in well into the chrome strips that hold the rubber pieces - and that's hard to reproduce properly.

I think most owners who don't have them anymore live without them ....

Good luck, ;)

Achim

Achim
(Germany)