Author Topic: Classic Mercedes Car Show - Dallas  (Read 4791 times)

wwheeler

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • USA, TX, Dallas
Classic Mercedes Car Show - Dallas
« on: August 28, 2018, 16:14:14 »
See attached flyer for a car show in Dallas on November 17th. It is a small show and we had about 16 or so last year with many being W113 cars. Please PM me if you think you can make it or have any questions. Fall is the perfect time for a show in Dallas as the weather has FINALLY started to turn cooler.

I hope you can make it.

Wallace
Wallace
Texas
'68 280SE W111 coupe
'60 220SE W128 coupe
'70 Plymouth Roadrunner 440+6

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Re: Classic Mercedes Car Show - Dallas
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 17:33:44 »
Hi Wallace,

Thanks for posting this this is excactly what needs to be done by more of our Members, letting others know when there are shows in your area. There is nothing better then Pagoda members getting together and exchanging ideas and experiences. Taking the lead like this is the way to get it started.

Photos can be taken then one can write a small story, forward it to our Pagoda World Editor. We need more stories and photos to be included in our now issued twice a year renown Pagoda World Magazine.

Often Members don’t have the time to come to our site. One can still contact them using our PM system here on our site. The way to do this would require a few steps. Then what are a few steps when the result will be a lot of fun once one meets one another. Steps are quite simple to let members know by PM if something is going on in your area.

1) use the “Members” pull down menu above. Once you click on it you have 2 options.
2) select “Member List” not everyone knows that you can sort this list.
3) click on “Location” the entire Listing is now sorted.
4) Page thru the pages until your are appears.
5) prepare a short statement like Wallace has done in the post above in a word or other document (select and copy your announcement)
6) select a Members e-mail (the small envelope) will open the area then paste your announcement and post it.

Repeat step 6 for as many members that may live within a 100 mile radius where you live and you will see you soon get a group together to organize a meet and greet. There are car shows all over the place during the summer and early fall. Some people know about them others don’t. This is the way to get a few Pagodas together and have some fun. Yes it is a bit of work, however, the end result is so much fun. Our site here has the tools to do this. So let’s get together all over the place and have fun.

Best

Dieter

DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

wwheeler

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • USA, TX, Dallas
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 15:46:31 »
Good tips Dieter! I have attached a couple of pics from last year and hopefully will have more cars this year. Still, it was a good time and people just wanted to stay and talk about the cars and get to know each other. There do not seem to be many events in this area where Classic Mercedes owners can get together often. So hopefully I am filling a void.   

I think there one misconception people have about "neighborhood" shows like this. There is a tendency to do too much and make it too complicated. Lunch, entertainment, awards and so forth. Not really needed because people just want to get together and visit. It is just that simple.

Wallace
Wallace
Texas
'68 280SE W111 coupe
'60 220SE W128 coupe

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 19:25:49 »
You are quite right Wallace, it is not nessesary to complicate it at all. Most of the time folks just like to talk to one another. Near by where I live there is a car show every year I The first weekend of June. 2500 to 3000 cars show up from all over including naiboring US States. Cars of the same make often get into one area like Cadillac, Mustangs etc. Last year we had 3 Pagoda’s there it’s a start. We meet at a near by coffee shop and drove out together. We had a nice time. I posted earlier this year, see below for details.

Here ——> https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=27556.0

Eben 3 cars is a start, perhaps next year we have more :)

Dieter
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

wwheeler

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • USA, TX, Dallas
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 04:17:39 »
LAST CALL! We have about 25 people coming so far and we have added lunch. Guaranteed to be the "Wurst" car show lunch ever! There are a few coming from this group at this point. If anybody else is interested, please PM me.

Thanks,

Wallace
Wallace
Texas
'68 280SE W111 coupe
'60 220SE W128 coupe