Author Topic: extra wire to the headlight switch  (Read 2398 times)

jpressick

• Inactive
  • Regular
  • USA, VA, Poquoson
extra wire to the headlight switch
« on: August 26, 2018, 11:36:12 »
After removing the tachometer on my 1967 250 SL in an effort to replace the headlight switch an extra white or gray with green bands wire with a connector on the end similar to the ones that go on the headlight switch was floating around loose.
This wire has been hanging loose for years and does not appear to affect anything.  Everything works except the high beams flashing from the directional stalk.  The wire shows about 12 volts.  When installing the new switch I made sure to take only one wire from the old switch and replace it to the new one.  Anyone have an idea of where  this loose wire goes or should I ignore it since everything is working?

Pawel66

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Konstancin-Jeziorna
Re: extra wire to the headlight switch
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 17:26:15 »
PMed you.
Pawel

280SL 1970 automatic 180G Silver
W128 220SE
W121 190SL
G-class

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 23:38:44 »
1.5 mm grey with green lines....

foglights
Achim
(Germany)

MartinK

• Junior Level
  • Germany, Hesse, Büdingen
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 12:33:52 »
Hello.
Due to legal regulations in certain export countries, the fog lights in some pagodas are switched in that way, that they only light up when the position lights are switched on. In these vehicles, the gray-green-yellow wire from fuse number 8 is inserted back into the cable harness.  instead, starting from the contact 57 (voltage only at position lights), a protected cable is routed to contact N at the light switch.

greetings Martin
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:56:51 by MartinK »