Author Topic: W113 Various Chrome trims  (Read 3701 times)

vinnie21

W113 Various Chrome trims
« on: August 23, 2018, 06:13:08 »
Have for sale many chrome parts, mainly related to rear/rear deck lid of W113 series 280SL, though will also fit all post '66 230 and all 250SL as well. Most of the parts were bought new and only placed on car whilst restoration was going on to check for fit and placement etc. So whilst cannot be classed as new, are certainly in excellent condition. Where possible, have put the current retail price (found on SLS Hamburg where I originally bought them), so dealers and chancers will be aware that I do know the value of these! No offence, but have been contacted in past by people thinking they could get these for "pennies"! Also, some of the parts are now almost impossible to find, particularly in this condition.
These parts include;
rear deck lid curved chrome trims x2; (€700+ pair)
chrome trim either side of boot lock (slightly triangular/linear shape) x2; (€170+ pair)
well-top L-shaped trims x2; (almost impossible to find, but about €180 pair)
door top window chrome strips x2; (€440 pair)
pillar cappings x2; (€450 pair)
Then there are some used parts, some of which were re-chromed-
Automatic script (original, not repro) excl condition; (€125+)
280sl script (original, not repro, hard to find) excl condition;(€125)
Door handles, no lock barrels. (very slightly pitted on 1 or 2 areas); almost impossible to find with or without barrels.
Boot lock assembly + key (some pitting on top area); ($300)
Boot handle + gasket (some pitting); (€120)
escutchion plate for rear deck lid (that small lozenge shaped thing with hole in centre).
+ brand new speedo cable.
Feel free to make a sensible offer, or ask for price. I would prefer not to split paired items. Can be contacted via forum or vinnie0057@yahoo.co.uk