Author Topic: Pagoda Group Grill Badge: Ordering is OPEN!  (Read 9239 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Pagoda Group Grill Badge: Ordering is OPEN!
« on: April 13, 2018, 15:43:52 »
Greetings SL113 Group Member,

You asked for it, and it’s here!  We are ready to take and accept orders for the Pagoda Group grill badge.

The grill badge will be made in the traditional manner of enamel over metal. It will feature raised bosses on the back that accept screws and a mounting plate (both included). The badge will measure approximately 3” (76.2 mm) in diameter, and approximately .125” (3.18mm) thick.

The badge will only be sold to Full Members of the Pagoda Group; if you are an Associate or Junior Member all you need to do is join  as a Full Member in order to purchase.

Here’s how the ordering program works: we will open up the ordering for 30 days for “pre orders”. The Pre-Order price is $25 for one, and $35 for two, and a flat rate shipping of $7 for all members regardless of location.

At the conclusion of the pre-order process, an order will be placed with the manufacturer, and it will take approximately 6 weeks in order for the product to arrive, and another 2 weeks for all orders to be shipped out to members. We will be purchasing a small number of extras and these will be made available at $35 each plus shipping only after the pre-orders have been fulfilled.

Here’s how to order:

Full Members, send an email to: pagodagrillbadge@gmail.com and indicate your full name, a full shipping address, email, phone number, and indicate how many badges you would like. You will receive a PayPal invoice from sl113.org; pay that invoice and you’ll be put in queue.

Upon shipment, you will be notified.

Any questions regarding this grill badge project only, please direct to the email address above.

Thank you,
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 00:04:58 by Garry »
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Pagoda Group Grill Badge: Ordering is OPEN!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 12:22:52 »
Hello Everyone,

We are 10 days from the firm cut-off of pre-orders for the grille badge of May 15. So far, we've received over 220 distinct orders from our full members--so if you want a grill badge and have not ordered one, go to the post below this and follow the instructions.

If you are NOT a full member, join today and then come back to the pre-order process.

While we will be able to fulfill SOME orders after the pre-order the price jumps from $25 to $35, and instead of flat rate shipping, shipping is actual cost. For non-USA orders this will be a huge jump in cost.
Michael Salemi
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

jan lauwers

• Senior
  • Belgium, Antwerpen, Geel
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 08:11:36 »
I received today the grill badge, it looks great. A big thank you to everybody who went through the hassle to make it happen.

One additional info to the members in Belgium and/or other European countries: I had to pay 30 euros custom clearance cost to get the badge. NO escape from that.... and it is a cost that I had not thought of. 

Best regards,

Jan
Jan Lauwers, Geel, Belgium 

White 280 SL 1969

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 15:52:53 »
Jan, Peter van Es paid nothing. I think it depends on the whim of the country.

For what its worth these carry the following import/export classifications:

Grille Badge: HS harmonized code 831000 Sign plates, name-plates, address-plates and similar plates, numbers, letters and other symbols; of base metal.

Stud/Pin: HS harmonized code 711711, Jewellery; imitation, cuff links and studs, of base metal, whether or not plated with precious metal
Michael Salemi
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 14:35:25 »
In Netherlands... under €22 is no VAT, no duties to be paid. US$ 25 is just under €22 on a good day... I ordered only one badge
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Whipcity

• Junior Level
  • USA, IL, Saint Charles
  • The World is not enough.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 21:44:09 »
Michael,
Saw Mark Sotor over the weekend at the Geneva Concours. Mentioned I hadn’t received my Grille Badges yet. He suggested sending a thread over to you to see if I’m still on the distribution list. If you had sent mine out say over a week ago, might need a tracking number to find out where they(yes, did order and paid for 2) might be. Thanks! Hugh Whipple
1970 W113 280SL ZF5
1999 R129 SL500
2012 A207 E550 Cab
2020 W222 S63 4Matic

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 13:39:14 »
Hugh,

It is just happenstance that I saw this post today, I'm not normally looking at everything.

If you had any issues with this, you should have contacted me directly, not make a post here.

Your order, #073, was shipped on July 25, 2018. You received a confirmation of that at the time of shipment, as I did, from Paypal. On the confirmation is a direct link to track the package. I just tracked it and the package shows as delivered to your mailbox on July 27, 2018, at 2:27 pm.  See the attachment.
Michael Salemi
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Naj ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, Surrey, New Malden
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 11:10:00 »
I received today the grill badge, it looks great. A big thank you to everybody who went through the hassle to make it happen.

One additional info to the members in Belgium and/or other European countries: I had to pay 30 euros custom clearance cost to get the badge. NO escape from that.... and it is a cost that I had not thought of. 

Best regards,

Jan

Received mine (x2 + Pin) Today.
£7.51 VAT + £8.00 Royal Mail International Handling Fee.

naj
68 280SL

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 14:58:15 »
... + £8.00 Royal Mail International Handling Fee...

This is preposterous, and basically your Royal Mail service skirting international postal agreements, and passing a fee on to you. I'd write a letter to my MP if I were you.

The international agreements in place basically state that each nation has to handle the other's mail. So, (as I've mentioned before) many eBay and Amazon sellers located in China, (and other countries, too) take advantage of this by being able to ship items at their own countries international packet rate, and the receiving country handles it. I've bought some items so dispatched, and the cost plus shipping from China was less than either the local price here in Michigan, or any kind of domestic shipping rate I could find. Plenty of things I've ordered through eBay and Amazon have come from corners of the globe, and never have I been charged any fees, duty, or anything of the sort. Items were just delivered.

Paypal, through sheer volume, has special rates in place for those using their invoicing services. However, if I look at Naj's packet, the cost to ship that with the discount, PLUS the "Royal Mail handling fee" is about equal to my over the counter rate. I wonder if HRH's mail service would still charge handling fees on a full-rate package.

In a word, just another TAX you have to pay.
Michael Salemi
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Whipcity

• Junior Level
  • USA, IL, Saint Charles
  • The World is not enough.
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 14:03:50 »
Am sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. Left to go overseas with no internet. Someone did accept receipt of my badges and did not notify me. The badges look good. Still thinking where on the front grille to place one of them. Car won its’ class at The Geneva Concours. Gratified that the car won after so much work done on it. Again, should have researched further. My bad.
1970 W113 280SL ZF5
1999 R129 SL500
2012 A207 E550 Cab
2020 W222 S63 4Matic

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 15:29:52 »
Am sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. Left to go overseas with no internet. Someone did accept receipt of my badges and did not notify me. The badges look good. Still thinking where on the front grille to place one of them. Car won its’ class at The Geneva Concours. Gratified that the car won after so much work done on it. Again, should have researched further. My bad.

There is another thread here with a fully illustrated, 8-page instruction manual for mounting on the grille. Also, other have posted their own concepts and ideas as well.

https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=27913.0

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid