Author Topic: Getrag 5 speed - Notifying Insurers of Modification  (Read 3925 times)

AGT

• Senior
  • Scotland, Midlothian, Edinburgh
Getrag 5 speed - Notifying Insurers of Modification
« on: August 01, 2017, 13:19:00 »
Prompted by GGR's post on another thread, I have decided to notify my French insurers that my car has been modified by fitting a 5 speed gearbox. I need to update the valuation in any event and so I have begun the process of arranging an insurance compliant valuation. I propose to explain the modification to the valuer and have him include it in the valuation report for the insurer. Even if it all goes wrong, I need to change insurer anyway as I am paying far too high a premium.

I will also need to disclose modifications to my Citroen 2CV where I have had the NLA 435cc engine replaced with a fire-breathing 602cc block!

Has anyone got any experience on notifying an insurer about a gearbox/mechanical modification using non-Mercedes parts?

Regards
Andrew
Andrew

1966 230SL

Montreal V8

Re: Getrag 5 speed - Notifying Insurers of Modification
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 15:36:12 »
   Over here (North America) replacing an engine with a "Big Block" is relatively common, but, good Lord, how will your innocent little 2CV handle the dramatic increase in power ?
   Cheers,   Dale.