Author Topic: Where can I see the most Pagodas??  (Read 6769 times)

Scottcorvette

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, Norfolk
Where can I see the most Pagodas??
« on: December 08, 2016, 07:45:53 »
I'm hoping to get my car painted next year but am struggling with colour choices. I am starting to lean toward the original burgundy red but before I decide for sure I'd like to see some of the colours in the flesh.

I was thinking that I could take my lovely wife to a big European event to have a look at some cars and see which colours really grab me. The obvious one that sprung to my mind was Techno-Classica Essen in April, I'm thinking there would be a fair bit of SL content there so stand as good a chance as any of seeing the colour schemes that I like. I'd also like to go to that one anyway.

Ronni isn't that keen on car shows but I thought if I could combine it with a long weekend somewhere nice it might soften the blow...

Any other suggestions?

guyke

• Senior
  • Belgium, Flanders, Hasselt
Re: Where can I see the most Pagodas??
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 13:18:21 »
why dont jou make an event , so that we join jou to the techno classica  :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 13:20:24 »
Hi Scott,

I think it be more fun for you and your wife to attend the "Mosel tour" Peter H. In Germany arranges 2 tours most years, one in May and one in June I believe. I plan to go this year and combine it with a river cruse and family visit. Peter will soon announce the dates, I can let you know if you like. You will certainley see quite a few Pagoda's I'll attach a few photos from this years tour.

If it is not too late for you then you can always join us at PUB Virginia next year, as you can see from our 2015 event we had quite a few cars there too (last photo).

Dieter
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 13:42:43 by Rolf-Dieter »
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 17:49:50 »
Here is another photo I think it is also from this years Mosel Tour.

neelyrc

• Platinum
  • USA, AL, Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 19:02:15 »
Dieter, image 1146 in your post is from this years European event in Merano.
Ralph

1969 280SL, 4 Speed Manual, Dark Olive (291H), Parchment Leather (256), Dark Green Soft Top (747)
1972 Mercedes-Benz 280SEL 4.5
1988 Mercedes-Benz 560SL
2007 BMW 328xi (E90)
Italy
2004 Toyota HiLux D4D Pickup
2008 BMW 330xd Futura Coupe' (E92)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 21:38:21 »
Ralph, my bad, I saved it to my iPad love the photo ... I hope to attend next year the Euro or the Mosel event along with a river cruse and some family quality time.

Dieter

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
Re: SL Club Pagode Annual Event in Davos, Switzerland, August 2017
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 22:29:49 »
I was thinking that I could take my lovely wife to a big European event to have a look at some cars and see which colours really grab me. The obvious one that sprung to my mind was Techno-Classica Essen in April, I'm thinking there would be a fair bit of SL content there so stand as good a chance as any of seeing the colour schemes that I like.

Dear Scott,

Good evaluation.
But the best opportunity is certainly not the TechnoClassica.
Why? Too few Pagodas, too far away from each other (one here, one there...) and especially the artifical light in the halls which will give you something but not the impresstion of what a paintcode really looks like under natural daylight.

If you want to see many Pagodas, not just 20-30 or so, you have to visit the yearly German SL Club Pagoda Annual Events, which usually take place every second (?) August weekend at changing places throughout Germany.
Next year, however, i.e. 2017, it will take place in Davos, Switzerland. Perhaps a nice vaccation trip for you and your wife ...? ;)
About 120 - 170 Pagodas are usually around on these Events. :)

If you like to get an impression what that is about, see here:

http://slpagode.mercedes-benz-clubs.com/Jahrestreffen/Bilder+Willingen+2013/356/de/001

or here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/slclubpagode/sets/72157671612373170/

or related links there. :D

This gives you a pretty good overview of the array of colors and what the cars look like.
It's a good starter.
But nothing can top it when all the cars stay together for the farewell Sunday morning at these Events before everybody departs.
This is always an excellent opportunity especially for visitors to see as many different Pagodas, originality details, talk to the owners etc. as possible.

Good luck,
see you in Essen on the TC next April !

Best,

Achim

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 00:17:22 by 114015 »
Achim
(Germany)

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
Re: Colour code discussion - dark red
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 22:39:51 »
Scott...?

Ronni isn't that keen on car shows ....

You don't mean this, don't you?

I'm planting seeds of temptation to convince my wife, an anti-old car technophobe, to want to come with me.

(Love this citation by Tomnistuff ... :D ;D 8) )

Here is a nice recent discussion we had on dark bordeaux red (573) versus dark red (542).

https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=25305.0

Enjoy ! ;)

Achim
Achim
(Germany)

Scottcorvette

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, Norfolk
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 07:56:16 »
Thanks for the suggestions all, I will keep an eye out for the Mosel tour info. I think the event in Switzerland my be too much of a trip for me at the moment, neither of us will fly so it would need to be by road or rail. I think the Techno Classica is probably in the lead at this stage....