Author Topic: A Faster Horse: Documentary  (Read 5585 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
A Faster Horse: Documentary
« on: February 15, 2016, 22:34:09 »
If anyone has Netflix out there, a new release entitled "A Faster Horse" has just been released on Netflix.

http://fasterhorsefilm.com

It's a documentary on the new 2015 Mustang, overlaid on the iconic history of the model. Though it's Mustang, you could remove the badge and insert any beloved car model in the story and a lot of the trials and tribulations would remain. Covers the design and engineering on the way to Job 1 (launch.) The documentary was released last fall.

There's plenty of local color in it for me; my wife knows some of the folks in it and in fact she seems to think she may have authorized some finances related to this project at one time. I had breakfast with Jack Telnack quite by accident at the Mercedes-Benz booth at the auto show, and he figures in the story. But aside from all that it was pretty fascinating.

I highly recommend it if you have an interest in the process of car design and production.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 22:19:28 by mdsalemi »
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Re: A Faster Horse: Documentary
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 00:03:44 »
Saw it last night Mike, it was terrific .... When Mustang drivers have a get together they sure have many cars turn up. Great footage from the past and creation of the 2015 model.

Thanks for sharing!

Dieter
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL