Author Topic: Swiss/French regional meet up  (Read 7914 times)

simonarn

Swiss/French regional meet up
« on: February 12, 2016, 10:35:13 »
Would there be any interest to take part in a sunday meet this summer in South Burgundy?
I would like to see if there is enough interest to organise in Tramayes (71) this summer. The town has a nice square in front of the Chateau ( or in the grounds if we can get it) with cafe restaurant and Hotel .
Let me know, Im happy to do the work
Its 185km from Geneva and 100km from Lyon

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: Swiss/French regional meet up
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 19:39:45 »
Hi Simon,

great initiative. If you like I can mail all the members in Switzerland / France to see if there's interest...

Do contact Cees Klumper and pfraud...

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

simonarn

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 12:45:21 »
Please do Peter. I will contact Cees if we get sufficient interest to try to get him on board.

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 16:23:38 »
Tramayes with 250 km is a bit out of my way (we're north of Dijon in Guyonvelle where the Pagoda 'lives'). Plus I may actually no longer have the car by then, as I'm planning to sell it this spring.

I know I know, fact of the matter is that I've only been able to drive the car for maybe 500 kms a year for the past 5 years, so it's just not getting the exercise it needs anymore. There's a good chance we will be moving further away from Geneva/Guyonvelle in the coming year also (as in, Asia, USA or who knows) so it's going to get worse before it gets any better. Anyway, mind not made up yet and if I still do have the car this summer, and am around, please do count me in and let me know if I can help with the organization.
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

simonarn

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 10:13:35 »
Well if Cees is ready to join in, there must be plenty that could with less distance to travel, so please reply to this thread to give us an idea of numbers .
Even the famous Morges British Classic Car show that now boasts 1300 + entrants, started out with a few die hards in wet weather gear on the seafront so as long as we are at least 10 cars, it would be fun to organise something.

VincentR

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 09:58:45 »
Hello All,

I would be interested by this meeting in Tramayes.

Best regards.
VincentR
25000 BESANCON
FRANCE

AGT

• Senior
  • Scotland, Midlothian, Edinburgh
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 13:36:25 »
Simon

I am interested. Have you chosen a date for the event? I will not be in France as much this summer as I would have hoped but if I am there on the right weekend I would try to join in. I am in Alpes Maritimes and you can't really ask for much better than an excuse to drive up and down the Route Napoleon. Although I do need to get my car back to France first...

Best regards
Andrew
1966 230SL
Andrew

1966 230SL

simonarn

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 07:14:29 »
Well thats an encouraging start!
Regarding dates, and taking account of most peoples family holiday commitments, i would suggest either late June or late August as being the most suitable.
So 17/19 June or 26/28 August would be a starting point.
I imagine an informal Friday evening meet up in Cluny (on the place in front of the Old Abbey at the Brasserie du Nord)
I would arrange a saturday rally in the surrounding countryside with an afternoon assembly at the Place in front of the old Chateau in Tramayes and an evening dinner and then a sunday departure after coffee and croissant.
Coming from a distance will require overnight stays, the hotel and B&B prices in the area are very reasonable and I would help with the reservations and recommendations.
For those that can fit it in, the A40 from Geneva to Bourg en Bresse is one of Top Gears "roads to drive " and with breathtaking scenery in the summer.
Lets see if we can improve on that brief plan.

VincentR

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 08:56:30 »
Hello,

Whatever the dates, I here confirm again my interest. :D
Thanks
Have a nice week end!

Best regards.
VincentR
F25000 Besançon
France.

simonarn

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 09:55:03 »
Hello All
Sorry for slow reply, I have been travelling a lot.
We need to get some more interest otherwise we will only need a picnic table and a pizza for the three of us.
Any more interest for august dates? Free wine tasting?