Author Topic: my old username has been deleted  (Read 6733 times)

Steve Hamilton

my old username has been deleted
« on: September 24, 2015, 14:38:28 »
Hello, I haven't used the site for about 2 years, and now find myself unable to login as I have forgotten my username and password, and my email address registered on this site is unrecognized. I was hoping to use my old ID as I have been a member for many years and now wish to sell my beloved 280SL... perhaps someone in admin can help? I believe my original login email is basictype@gmail.com
Thanks for any advice,
Steve Hamilton
1969 silver 280SL
Vancouver, BC

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
Re: my old username has been deleted
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 17:57:27 »
Steve
Top right you'll find a "Members" tab
Click it then click the column header "location"
Canada starts on Page 4. Perhaps a name there rings a bell?
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton
  • Audit Committee
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 22:30:44 »
Steve,

As I explained in my PM to you two days ago, I have done a search of our records and nothing is coming up against that email address. With out you knowing what your user name was and you indicated that you were also uncertain what email address you had used, then it makes it a bit hard for us to also identify you from past records as an Associate Member.

As I also pointed out, as an Associate Member and no activity (that is, not visited the site) foy two years you are most likely to have dropped off the data base as we try to keep our records of Associate Members current rather than appear inflated by people who have registered but not logged on for some years.

You have posted under the heading "Silver1969 280SL for sale” and we have asked that you indicate a price that is required by our Forum Rules for such a posting. You also sought some comments on a method for selling and I have seperate out that post and put the enquiry in the General area if you do not wish to price your vehicle as required.

Garry
Membership Administrator
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 22:48:18 by Garry »
Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 14:57:27 »
Garry is correct. If you ever were a Full Member, I'd be able to resurrect your account. If you were not, and haven't been on the site for 2 years, I'm sorry but your details have been deleted.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!