Author Topic: AC Blower Motor - Three Speed Switch???  (Read 3561 times)

Walt Marsh

• Junior Level
  • USA, WA, Seattle
AC Blower Motor - Three Speed Switch???
« on: April 27, 2015, 04:25:26 »
Hello Pagoda Members,

I'm looking to replace my original Frigiking two position blower motor switch with a three position switch for my SPAL Blower Motor retrofit.
Clearly, it would be preferable to preserve the integrity, fit, & function of the original blower control knob while capitalizing on the extra speed setting available on a SPAL blower motor.

Does anyone know if there is a three speed blower switch that I could used in place of my original two speed switch?

Walter Marsh
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 15:25:46 by Walter Marsh »

Raymond

• Platinum
  • USA, FL, JACKSONVILLE
    • GemstoneMediaInc.com
Re: AC Blower Motor - Three Speed Switch???
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 22:59:32 »
Interesting.  My Frigi-King switch is a three position which ran the old blower at High, Medium, or Low.  I connected it to a SPAL blower and it only runs at two speeds.  High and medium. Go figure.
Ray
'68 280SL 5-spd "California" Coupe

Walt Marsh

• Junior Level
  • USA, WA, Seattle
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 06:05:07 »
Which model SPAL blower motor did you try?
There are several models which ascetically look the same but one is two-speed while the other is three-speed.
Could it be... that you perhaps connected your three position switch to a two-speed SPAL blower?

Walter

alchemist

• Senior
  • USA, NY, GRAND ISLAND
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 17:30:57 »
The three speed motor comes with 3 wires, each for each speed, plus a black wire for the ground, a total of 4 wires coming out of the motor. Check how many wires came with the motor.