Author Topic: layout schematic for instrument cluster handshake connector  (Read 4134 times)

rutger kohler

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • New Zealand, Auckland, Auckland
i am having a bit of trouble with the indicator light for high beam, on my instrument cluster.  At first I thught it was the bulb but have replaced this and didn't make a difference. If I had a schematic for the wire and pin layout on the instrument cluste rhandshake connector I could test on the socket for the high beam indicator light but so far haven't found one in the technical manual.  I have had a look under "connections"  but can't find it there either.  can anyone help plse?
1969 280 SL Manual gear shift
1972 280SE 3.5 auto

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
Re: layout schematic for instrument cluster handshake connector
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 04:31:19 »
....  If I had a schematic for the wire and pin layout on the instrument cluste rhandshake connector I could test on the socket for the high beam indicator light but so far haven't found one in the technical manual.  I have had a look under "connections"  but can't find it there either.  can anyone help plse?
I'll try.  ;)
The wiring diagrams are located here: http://www.sl113.org/wiki/Restricted/ColorWiringDiagrams

Here is a photo showing the male hand shake connector at the end of the cable coming from the center cluster - at least I hope it is, so please verify.
In Achim's wiring diagram the wire is labeled "h" and should be white with a blue stripe.
Hope this helps but let us know if you find something different.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 16:44:29 by Peter van Es »
Alfred
1964 230SL manual 4-speed 568H signal red
1966 230SL automatic 334G light blue (sold)
1968 280SL automatic (now 904G midnight blue)

rutger kohler

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • New Zealand, Auckland, Auckland
Re: layout schematic for instrument cluster handshake connector
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 06:31:24 »
Hi Alfred, thanks for that.  The open handshake connector photo is just what i want thanks.
1969 280 SL Manual gear shift
1972 280SE 3.5 auto