Author Topic: Another Way off Topic "Windows vs. Ford Motor Co."  (Read 5115 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Another Way off Topic "Windows vs. Ford Motor Co."
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:48:58 »
For all of us who feel  only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.

At a recent computer  expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,

"If Ford had kept up with  technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that  got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to  Bill's comments, Ford issued a press release stating :

If Ford had  developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the  following characteristics (and I just love this):

1. For no reason  whatsoever, your car would crash.........twice a day.

2.. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new  car.

3... Occasionally  your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the  side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and  reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply  accept this.

4.... Occasionally,  executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the  engine.

5..... Macintosh  would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast  and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the  roads.

6...... The oil, water  temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

I love the next  one!

7....... The airbag  system would ask, "Are you sure?" before  deploying.

Naturally we don't have that problem in our beloved Pagoda :)

8........ Occasionally,  for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold  of the radio antenna.

9......... Every  time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all  over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the  old car.

10.......... You'd have  to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

PS - I'd like to  add that when all else fails, you could call "customer service" in some foreign  country and be instructed in some foreign language how to fix your car  yourself!

Now that you read it ... what's your favourite

DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

UJJ

• Silver
  • USA, CA, Grass Valley
Re: Another Way off Topic "Windows vs. Ford Motor Co."
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 16:23:29 »
This is great stuff, Rolf Dieter.
I had to share it with my IT friends immediately; they'll love it for sure.
My favorite is the #5 (Macintosh)

Still laughing, Urban
Urban Janssen
Grass Valley, CA
1968 280 SL - 4speed manual
173 anthracite grey

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 20:03:54 »
My favorite is #7, 'Are you sure?'
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

GGR

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, DC, Washington
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 21:11:22 »
I like #8. For some reason, on the computers at work, one has to hit simultaneously Ctrl + Alt + Delete to get back into the system if the computer was left alone for a while. Exactly #8!

Flyair

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Warsaw
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 04:32:46 »
since i am Apple's victim, I'd go for 5...
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA