Author Topic: Calling all Eastern Canada Pagoda Drivers …. what plans have you for 2014?  (Read 8735 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Now that “Groundhog Day” has passed and an “Early Spring” has been predicted ….

I wonder what all of you out there are thinking as far as the use this year for your Pagoda ???

Or on what occasion you plan to include your Pagoda in your vacation plans???

January has past and yes the winter is sill here (at least for another 6 weeks or more) in North America, what better time then planning that vacation trip or get together of Pagoda drivers in your area.

Shall we organize a meet in our area?

What are your recommendations for …

Date & Timing:

Location to meet:

Recommended Lunch Stop:

Scenic Drive Recommendation:

(Map of area attached, I know it covers quite an area then we Canadians are used to driving long distances) :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 17:08:48 by Rolf-Dieter »
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Let me start with the first recommendation ...

In 2012 a bunch of us ///M3 Drivers meet just east of Toronto in a parking lot at the Ajax Go Station (see map) then drove out together along 401 to Price Edward, Ontario. We made our way thru sonic little towns all the way to Lake Ontario nice sandy beaches. Along the way we stopped at one of the wineries then closer to the lake we all stopped for a nice lunch. It was a great day outing. To do this or something like it in our Pagoda would be great fun.

Mind you in our then ///M3 we made our way mainly in the fast left hand lane. I expect if we do it in our Pagoda's it will be in the slow lane ... still we will get there just the same :)

gimp

Rolf-Dieter

I can remember the last trip I took with you and Dan we spent most of that in the fast lane.

Frank

Flyair

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Warsaw
Frank,

Based on experience, R-D realises that fast driving = less driving and more pub talk. This time, things should be the other way :D
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

pj

• Gold
  • Canada, ON, London, Ontario
  • 1965 230SL
    • my home page
What day of the week do you think will get the best turnout, Dieter? Obviously weekends catch folks who must work a regular job, but I wonder if perhaps enough of us are retired or work independently that we could go on a Friday.
Peter J
1965 230SL #09474 named Dagny
2018 B250 4matic named Rigel

ghenne

• Senior
  • Canada, ON, Toronto
Great idea - count me in!

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
R-D, don't have any plans as yet but I had mentioned to Peter last year about maybe doing a craft brewery drive.  There are a lot of small craft brewers in the small towns of S Ontario (Railway City in St. Thomas, Ramblin Rd in La Salette, Wellington and F&M in Guelph, Grand River in Cambridge, Nickelbrook in Burlington, Niagara Oast House and Silversmith in Niagara-on-the-Lake to name a few).  This doesn't include the small brewers that have been swallowed up by the big guys (Sleeman, Creemore and Brick).  They are spaced far enough apart to combine driving with stops for picking up our favorite suds.
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

pj

• Gold
  • Canada, ON, London, Ontario
  • 1965 230SL
    • my home page
Marcus and Dan and I also discussed stopping at the showroom of Legendary Motor Cars, which is actually just a skip-hop from a highway 401 junction. Once we decide on a date, I will contact them to ask.
Peter J
1965 230SL #09474 named Dagny
2018 B250 4matic named Rigel

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Frank,

As you recall once we hit Charleston we were trying to keep up with Alex :)

Peter,

Weekends of course is a great idea, naturally if one includes a vacation day like Friday or Monday then one can make it a 3 day weekend drive. On the other hand we have quite a few holidays so one can always plan for a long weekend. I won't be around Sept 2 to 25th I'll be in Germany.

Stan,

You do remember the movie "Rain Man" and the famous line "I'm a good driver" well I am I think after driving BMW ///M3's for 10 years :) As for "more pub talk" I always thought you hold the lead on that one  ;D

BDW. as for driving I put over 3,500 Miles on my Pagoda since I got her last May (as you can see I drive more then talk), how many miles have you put on your's?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 15:58:49 by Rolf-Dieter »

Alex D

• Silver
  • USA, NC, Cary
If non Canadians are allowed, I would a consider driving up (about a 4 hour drive for me) and joining you guys, depending on the day(s) and time.  I've always wanted to drive my Pagoda over a long bridge with the top down, Peace Bridge would would be nice.  Keep us informed.
Alex D
1967 250 SL
Original 140K mi
181 Light Beige, with  112 Turquoise Interior

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Hello Alex,

Nice to hear from you! Certainly you be welcomed to join us once we get it organized. Once everyone agrees on a time and place we can make plans.