Author Topic: What are your Pagoda trip plans for 2014? Care to share?  (Read 5144 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
What are your Pagoda trip plans for 2014? Care to share?
« on: February 02, 2014, 16:51:15 »
Now that “Groundhog Day” has passed and an “Early Spring” has been predicted ….

I wonder what all of you out there are thinking as far as the use this year for your Pagoda ???

Or on what occasion you plan to include your Pagoda in your vacation plans???

January has past and yes the winter is sill here (at least for another 6 weeks or more) in North America, what better time then planning that vacation trip or get together of Pagoda drivers in your area.

I’m planning my main vacation trip unfortunately without my Pagoda (since it is too big to get onto an airline). However, I shall participate in a Pagoda meet at one of my vacation destinations.

As for the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) I will start a tread to see if we can get something going for a get together coffee or lunch at one of our fine wineries here in Ontario Canada.

So what are your plans out there? Care to share? Awaken some thought as to timing, or area to explore? Yes also you out there in the European area we love to read about your plans too.

Why not share it here then let’s get it organized, after all this forum is a great tool to do just that :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 17:07:44 by Rolf-Dieter »
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

GGR

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, DC, Washington
Re: What are your Pagoda trip plans for 2014? Care to share?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 17:13:43 »
Dimitri and I are planning to drive down to the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance early in March, have a look at the fabulous cars entered there and have a good time. Dimitri is to get down to DC and we then plan on driving down in my Pagoda. We may drive along a section of the scenic blue ridge mountain road, going down there or on the way back. While in Florida, I'm planning to bring the car to Timevalve so that they can correct a few small issues on the exhaust line they sent to me.

We may report on the board on our visit to Amelia Island and our our trip.

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 17:41:55 »
Hello GGR,

Sounds like a great trip, be sure to post some photos the sienery I know is nice I've been thru that area some years ago.

On my main vacation trip to Germany this year I will meet up with some Pagode drivers in Hamburg, Berlin and at the Nürburgring. I will be taking photos and share them here as well.

Happy and safe trails !

Flyair

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Warsaw
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 06:15:48 »
With our Polish group that grew from 11 owners in 2013 to 25+, we plan to pen the season as soon as the snow goes away. The first idea is to have a rallye around Warsaw: one day, round 300 km (180 miles), two stops with some fun program.
On 11 May we want to gather as a organised Pagoda parade in one of the largest vintage car fairs called AutoNostalgia.

Then in June we plan for a 1st Pagoda gathering in Poland (somewhere in central part of the country, so that it would be a fair distance for all). This will be a 3 days event, like a mini Willingen. More about it soon.   
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 15:57:26 »
Stan,

That sounds great, I bet it will turn out to be a wonderful event. We shall watch for photographs and great video's like you folks had of last years trip.