Author Topic: Worst time ever to retire?  (Read 4115 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

Norm

• Silver
  • USA, TX, Wimberley
Re: Worst time ever to retire?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 16:03:28 »
Having just retired last week I found the article referenced interesting.  Thanks for posting the link.

I must add that the financial hurdles to retirement are fairly straight forward.  Use conservative numbers for investment returns and withdrawal rates, use aggressive numbers for spending rates, consult with a professional financial planner and when the stars align... your there!

The real issue waiting in the wings is "What will you do with your time?".  Although retirement is a great goal, knowing what you are going to do with your time needs to be part of the plan in your "golden years".   

With 1 week under my belt, I can offer this personal observation.....  Retirement is great!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Norm
Norm
1966 230SL 162H Blue-Grey
1994 Acura NSX Formula Red
2024 Acura RDX A-Spec, White Pearl
2016 Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe Obsidian Black
2011 Harley Davidson Super Glide Light / Dark Root Beer

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 17:13:20 »
Happy Retirement Norm,

I think we both will keep busy with our Pagoda (one reason I got the little car is to add it to my retirement activities and have fun with it). So far I am, having driven her now in just 3 months to the date 1,573 Miles where the previous owner only managed just over 4,000 Miles in 20 years (16.6 miles per month almost unbelievable, in the end I understand the lady only started the car here and then. We all know that is NOT the way to take care of this car).

All the best Norm, ... and enjoy every day!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 17:32:11 by Rolf-Dieter »
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

simonarn

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 07:14:35 »
The new term "Bail In" makes Europeans less sure about the positive benefits of savings plans in banks.