Author Topic: Air Conditioner - reproduction parts  (Read 2925 times)

Goldie

Air Conditioner - reproduction parts
« on: June 18, 2013, 01:41:58 »
Not wanting to search for a new AC unit, I sent mine to Dallas to have a new molded air plenum made. My old one is being used to create the buck and the air box, evap and blower are being measured so they can be recreated for future sales. Not sure if anyone is interested in adding air, but parts re being made for the W113. Working with Jerry West.

George Des

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 12:07:40 »
When these parts are remade, may be a good idea to figure out how to redesign the inside for better distribution of air to both passenger and driver. Currently this is accomplished not very well with an internal baffle. Also, some of these units come with plastic louvers, some with metal--the metal ones hold up better. If the evaporator boxes are rebuilt, it might also be a good idea to use an oring type fitting on the high pressure side so there are no issues using it with the newer R134a refrigerants.

Tomnistuff

• Gold
  • Canada, Qc, Levis
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 14:46:05 »
Goldie, which Kuhlmeister evaporator unit do you have?  I think I've seen three different ones in photographs - a short one on the passenger side, a slightly longer one on the passenger side and a shorter one in the center over the hump.  Do you have a photo you can post?

Tom Kizer
Apparently late 1966 230SL 4-spd manual (Italian Version)
Owned since 1987 and wrapping up a full rotisserie restoration/modernization.
Was: Papyrus White 717G with Turquoise MBtex 112 and Kinderseat
Is: Dark Blue 332G with Dark Blue Leather (5300, I think)