Author Topic: Compliments on an excellent Forum  (Read 6325 times)

simonarn

Compliments on an excellent Forum
« on: February 21, 2013, 07:45:36 »
So congratulations. I joined as a junior member to see how good this forum is, despite already having a vested interest in anything "pagodesque" but have seen very quickly that the forum is interesting,entertaining,welcoming and above all, like an old men`s club leather armchair; sit down and it feels like you never got up! Im happy to join as a full member and I hope to meet some of you in Willingen in August.
I am married and living in Geneva, I have two older children who have grown and flown and now twin boys that were born last year. All the more reason to keep the Pagoda and keep my sanity! My F612 is simply a long lasting weak moment and the desire to own one of italys finest V12 and with 4 seats of course. These are my personal transportation options, whereas the troops are deployed in a VW Multivan 4motion and my better half is allowed summer use of the `56 solex for bread procurement duties at our weekend house in Southern Burgundy!
Pleasure to meet you all.

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton and Brisbane Queensland
  • Audit Committee
Re: Compliments on an excellent Forum
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 10:12:56 »
Hello Simon,

Welcome to full membership.  I have sent you a joining letter and a couple of windscreen decals for the sl113.org Group in the mail.

That sure in an interesting and varied mix of machines you have, going from a bike to an open top 60's sports tourer to a modern touring two door hard top.  You have every type of weather covered.

Look forward to meeting in Germany in August.

Dont forget to post some pictures, of them all.

Garry.

Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

Richard Madison

• Inactive
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:30:31 »
Our traditional place for introductions is the General Discussion Forum, New Member Introductions, at the top.

Richard M, Moderator
1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).

simonarn

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 12:55:19 »
thanks richard, i did actually write an intro when i joined . as i joined as a full member today, i was just embellishing the compliment on the site.

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 13:39:00 »
Welcome, and keep contributing... It's the users that make this such a special club. Look forward to meeting you in Willingen!

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!