Author Topic: Soft top inside color  (Read 2573 times)

mulrik

Soft top inside color
« on: December 03, 2010, 10:09:43 »
Hi there everyone

I've started the replacement of my old soft top, but wanting to keep my car as original as possible I came across an issue. My old (non-original) soft top was black on the outside and beige on the inside. The two cloth strips that hold the soft top frames bars in place and that go in the forward/backwards direction are also beige (see picure) and so is the front bar (also see picture).

Accidently, I ordered a soft top from SLS which is black both inside and outside, and I think it looks odd with the beige strips and bar up against the black inside of the soft top (see picture where I just placed the new soft top without installing it).

What colors did these soft tops come in? Here I'm only talking about the inside colors. Were they all beige, and does this goes for all models? And what about the strips, were they also all beige, and did they always match the inside color of the soft top. Did the later cars have the strips. Mine is a very early 250.

Best wishes and as always thanks,
Ulrik

mbzse

• Platinum
  • Sweden, Stockholm, Stockholm
Re: Soft top inside color
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 10:43:11 »
Quote from: mulrik
../.... Were they all beige, and does this goes for all models? And what about the strips, were they also all beige, and did they always match the inside color of the soft top. Did the later cars have the strips?
Ulrik,
Answer to all your stated questions is: Yes

/Hans in Sweden

/Hans S

Larry & Norma

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Re: Soft top inside color
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 16:50:52 »
I'll second that, should be beige.
Larry Hall (Gnuface)
2023 Ioniq6