Author Topic: Slow progress  (Read 2702 times)

Bernd

Slow progress
« on: September 18, 2010, 21:15:46 »
Getting ready for final engine build over winter. Decided to weld a simple frame for the axle which attaches to the caliper mounting holes on the kingpins. This will make it much easier to move the assembly around in the garage and build the engine and transmission on it without having to fight the wheels all the time. Since it's on casters it will also make it a snap to get the engine under the car to install it. There are still a few details to address like bolts needing to be touch up painted, a couple of seals need replacing after my 20 year hiatus etc, but it's getting there.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 21:19:41 by Bernd »

IXLR8

Re: Slow progress
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 23:18:43 »

Great.

One of the best thing about our cars is working on working on them. All the special tools. Great fun....

Joe

harleydan

Re: Slow progress
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 09:55:15 »
Hello Bernard,

This is Danny.  That looks awesome!  Glad to hear and see that you are working on your car and getting ready for your planned winter assembly activities.  When do you want me to come over with my car to use as a "template" of sorts?  With our newly informal Pagoda club in the area, it is lonely driving by myself.  I did see a white one recently and if that is from our area then then it will make five.  We all need to get together again soon.

Danny
1970 280SL silver Euro 4 speed