Author Topic: 280 sl consultant wanted  (Read 4740 times)

stratmanedh

280 sl consultant wanted
« on: September 10, 2010, 21:26:47 »
I found  a great shop in orlando to handle the retsoration on my pagoda, trunk rebuild, fenders and engine bay. They have quite extensive high end & european experience,,, but not much with pagodas. So, id like to retain a 113 expert..one that knows every inch of the car & how it should be done..correctly. To be available to consul;t via phone and email when they have questions. Any one interesetd for a fair hourly rate??
Not doing a complee dismantle & frame off  ..but will have questions

Shvegel

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, OH, Cleveland Heights
Re: 280 sl consultant wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 19:40:40 »
Go to the motoring investments homepage

http://www.motoringinvestments.com

Go to Mercedes for sale. Go down to car #46 a blue 113SL it's about 30 cars down.  Go to the photo page and click on any photos you want enlarged.

I copied every one of these photos as a benchmark of what the car should look like. It's beautiful.

stickandrudderman

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, England, Richmond
    • http://www.colinferns.com
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 18:12:18 »
I'd be happy to do it but I'm afraid my travel expenses would be quite high!

Leester

• Silver
  • USA, VA, Lorton
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 18:52:19 »
I recently purchsed a 280SL that was disassembled for bodywork and paint (someday I will post pictures).  I then joined this site as a full member since I recognized the value of the site after reading a number of posts.  Since joining I have had two great experiences in just the last couple of weeks. In one case I asked aboujt brake calipers that I found a bit unusual and in the second case i discovered a kindred spirit about an hour away from where I live who has offered me help as I figure out the puzzle. In my case, most of the big stuff is pretty obvious (yes, I've already figured out where the engine goes) but for some of the smaller fasterners and SL specifc issues I plan on asking questions here and hopefully my good fortune with replies and help will continue!

Lee
Lee Backus
1963 220SE Cabriolet
1970 280SL (reassembling - hopefully soon)
1978 450SL (disassembled for paint)
1985 500SEC

Naj ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, Surrey, New Malden
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 19:00:23 »

So, id like to retain a 113 expert..one that knows every inch of the car & how it should be done..correctly. To be available to consul;t via phone and email when they have questions. Any one interesetd for a fair hourly rate??
Not doing a complee dismantle & frame off  ..but will have questions

Ask your questions here on the forum.

You'll have more than one 113 expert responding  and it won't cost that much...

naj
68 280SL

stratmanedh

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 19:06:08 »
thanks to all  thus far