Author Topic: Recommendations / ideas to put a car back together  (Read 3281 times)

aluis

Recommendations / ideas to put a car back together
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:55:07 »
i just became a full member of pagoda group. i have a 250sl. its ready to be painted. all mechanical has been re-built. i bought it already taken apart, as it was a restoration in progress whose owner has passed-away. i am located in tampa,fl. and would like comments and ideas, as to where would be the best place to have it put back together, near tampa. thanks
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 23:59:17 by 280SL71 »

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: recommendations / ideas ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:06:42 »
One place to consider is Bud's in Douglasville, GA.  They have done many 113's and have a good reputation.  Not exactly Tampa, but better than a world away!

http://www.budsbenz.com/

There are many others who can help you, you might consider calling the local MBCA section President to see if there are recommendations in the area.  Find the local section at www.mbca.org
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

aluis

Re: recommendations / ideas ?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 13:47:30 »
thankyou

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Recommendations / ideas to put a car back together
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 12:33:21 »
Aluis,

Another place to consider--at least to speak with--is Pierre Hedary's Classic Mercedes Garage in Titusville.  He is a regular technical contributor to the MBCA Star Magazine, and an advertiser as well.  Titusville is just a boring drive across I4 for you...

407-765-2867. Mbownersforlife@bellsouth.net

I do not know him personally, but I do know others who do, and they have said nice things about his knowledge at least.

Any reputable shop such as Bud's, or Pierre's, would be happy to speak with you and provide you with some satisifed customers to contact directly.  When I had my car restored about 10 years ago, my restorer gave me a list of customers and I spoke with them.  When I was satisifed that what I heard was good, and in the detail I wanted, I then went directly to see the operations.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid