Author Topic: IPad  (Read 5614 times)

SteveK

IPad
« on: June 13, 2010, 15:43:58 »
I've been using an iPad for about a month, great device!  I get to spend most of the time on the plane these days and sometime when I get to read the forum there are 20 notes.  For reasons I don't understand, the iPad has figured out how to "mark as read" a note once I read it and then remove it from the screen.  It's a very nice feature when there's a bunch of notes to read.  Anyone know how to turn that on, on a regular computer?

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: IPad
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 13:55:18 »
Assuming that you mean with "notes" unread threads...

Note there is a difference between Safari (as used on Mac's, iPhones and iPads) and other browsers. If you select Show unread posts since last visit, then click on the first topic, read it, and then use Back afterwards, the list will no longer have the item you just read on it. You can just click the next item.

On Firefox or Internet Explorer the list of items to be read remains intact, meaning you have to (manually) keep track of which item still to read.

If that is the behaviour you are referring to your options are (in order of price): install Safari and use it on a PC; buy and use an iPad; buy and use a Mac. As an Apple shareholder, may I suggest you buy a Mac as you clearly already own an iPad.

Peter
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 13:57:27 by Peter van Es »
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

SteveK

Re: IPad
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 14:39:03 »
Peter, thanks.  You are doing well with me as I also have a MacbookPro, iTouch and iPod. And once I loose my BB addiction I'll probably wind up with a iPhone!  I do use both safari and firefox on the Mac, and have found that going back clears out what was read; was just looking to save one more step.  Guess I'll be doing most of my forum reading on the iPad!