Author Topic: Cool custom W113 mahogany drink holder for center console  (Read 3482 times)

chicagopagoda

Cool custom W113 mahogany drink holder for center console
« on: November 12, 2009, 02:06:49 »
My sister was in town and we were out driving in my Pagoda and she noticed I was using a roll of duct tape crammed into the center console as a makeshift drink holder. She remarked it looked tacky (and was right), and when she got home, contracted with a local woodworker to fabricate a mahogany insert that lifts in and out of the center console and matches to the "T". She gave it to me for my birthday. Photos are below.
The guy who made it did an exceptional job, and would be willing to make more if anyone is interested. The price is approx. $100 including delivery. I have taken out a listing in the Commercial Ad section to support the site, but if you'd like to order one, email me at fredsilha1@gmail.com. Would make a great Christmas present...for yourself!  ;D

Witt

Re: Cool custom W113 mahogany drink holder for center console
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 00:30:51 »
I am going and try to chose my words very carefully here.....Being from the old school and old country may have something to do with that, but.......drinking while driving is just as dumb a thing to do as talking on the phone......anyone agree ?

CHEERS !
WITT !

PS: The workmanship on the units look superb, why not install it on your easychair ?

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 02:19:57 »
I am going and try to chose my words very carefully here.....Being from the old school and old country may have something to do with that, but.......drinking while driving is just as dumb a thing to do as talking on the phone......anyone agree ?

CHEERS !
WITT !

PS: The workmanship on the units look superb, why not install it on your easychair ?

Hey Witt. I respectfully don't agree (completely)... of course, drinking and driving in the traditional sense (alcohol) is uncool and stupid  -- but I can hardly imagine not having the option for a beverage while on the road. Call me a multi-tasker but I feel pretty good about steering and sipping simultaneously. Now, not having a bonafide cupholder is the real danger here. Having used up my roll of duct tape on other things in the car  :o I tend to wedge my cup into the passenger seat corner. Its only when the stuff spills on my squareweave that I get utterly distracted...
James
63 230SL

abe280SL

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 03:44:24 »
Every car today has  cup holders....its nice to bring the 280 into the 21st century! My take on all of this is completely different when I read it....the first thing I thought was how fortunate you are to have such a nice sister.  The second thing I thought....hmmmm, is she good looking and single. ;D
abe