Author Topic: Recent website usage statistics  (Read 7980 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Recent website usage statistics
« on: November 02, 2009, 14:06:12 »
Here are the results for October 2009, set-off agains the September results. Interesting to see is that although traffic overall is increasing slowly month by month, the share of Windows Explorer users is going down compared to other browsers (you never knew we could tell such interesting facts from this data, right?).

Also, the large number of goal conversions (i.e. payments) is because a disproportionately large number of members have a renewal date in october and november.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Flyair

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Warsaw
Re: Recent website usage statistics
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 19:39:36 »
The list with geographical distribution is also very interesting. Sweden comes as a surprise given that this is not a big country by population. Maybe this is a country of Pagoda lovers? ;D
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Dash808

• Silver
  • USA, HI, Kaneohe
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 19:57:17 »
Stats look good.  Always interesting info to browse.  

Anything but MS Exploder.  Firefox works good.
Chan Johnson
'67 250sl
Napoli Italian Euro

Bang Bang Booogie!

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 21:13:40 »
Sweden is big for us because we have a number of active Swedish members, and they have good English language skills. Our biggest countries are caused by the following, in order of importance:
  • those with native English language
  • those with good English as a second language skills
  • high Pagoda density
  • no alternative local language source of information (that's why there is so little traffic from Germany here, they have plenty of alternatives)

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

jacovdw

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 17:18:38 »
Interesting stats Peter...

A little off topic, but the geographical data prompted me to do a bit of trawling through the membership list. I was quite surprised to see only 9 fellow South Africans of which only 2 are full members.
A bit disappointing considering that there are so many pagodas in our country...

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 08:51:30 »
Jaco,

I suggest you print off some Invitation Cards and hand them out when you see them next! Also, bring a copy of PW and Pagoda Notes next time, that'll sway them to join!

Peter
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 08:53:33 by Peter van Es »

jacovdw

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 10:02:55 »
Thanx Peter, have done so already.

Unfortunately, most of the older generation owners are not very fond of computers or even the internet... ;)

Will use the latest (and excellent) edition of PW to coax them some more...