Author Topic: How do you remove sunvisors  (Read 3399 times)

Alf

• Senior
  • England, Surrey, Lightwater
How do you remove sunvisors
« on: October 31, 2009, 15:48:07 »
I have a new set of sunvisors but am struggling to get the old ones off. I have removed the screw near the A pillar and tried just pulling but they stop moving after a few mm of travel. I may be being too delicate with them, but thought I'd check here before I give them a good old yank and knowing my DIY luck break something!
Alf
'69 280SL. Silver (180 G) with black hardtop

abe280SL

Re: How do you remove sunvisors
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 20:53:16 »
I think...not too sure, you have have to twist  a little and pry it off.  There is  one for sale on ebay with pictures and I don't see anything else holding it back.  It may be that the plastic is stuck to the headliner.
abe
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 21:05:10 by abe280SL »

Bob G

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 22:15:15 »
Bob Geco Hear:

There are two screws holding the sun visor clip to header. If you are changing the clips these must be removed with two other  screws at the other side of the sun visor. If you are having  trouble removing the sun visor from the clip take some DW-40 to help in removing the visor from the clip do not us  any tools that  may damage  the clip or visor  remove with finesse, not  muscle.

Alf

• Senior
  • England, Surrey, Lightwater
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 20:32:17 »
...and the answer is:

1-  Remove the sunvisor assembly from the header rail by unscrewing the 2 obvious screws

2 - Remove the 1 small screw that tightens the sunvisor onto the rod that it rotates around

3 - When the sunvisor assembly is off the car, you can rotate the sun visor further around the rod that goes into the top of it than you can when it is attached to the car. There is a position when the visor and header rail fixing assembly just slides apart.

Job done :)
Alf
'69 280SL. Silver (180 G) with black hardtop