Author Topic: Site-update and Technical Manual  (Read 4402 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Site-update and Technical Manual
« on: September 29, 2009, 10:27:46 »
Dear all,

I have today done the following:
  • upgraded the Wiki software (that powers our Technical Manual) to version 2.2.5
  • upgraded the Typolight software (which powers all non-forum pages) to version 2.7.3

In addition I have spent a number of days adding a structure to our Technical Manual that will allow me to publish our Technical Manual as a book. If you are on any page of the Technical Manual, you should see a series of green links at the top of the page, and three green links at the bottom of each page.

The top links are a breadcrumbtrail, showing you where you are in the hierarchy. It is for easy navigation of the Technical Manual.

The bottom links are the Page of Contents trail. The left link is the previous topic in the book, the right link the next topic, and the middle link gets you to the TrailIndex (a table of contents). See the attached pictures.

If you spot a page in the Technical Manual that does not have these green links, please mail me the page reference (URL). I need to add them to ensure that the topic gets added to the printed version of the Technical Manual.

The next job is to change the layout and formatting of the pages so that they come out printed consistently. I'll be working on that for a while before the book version becomes available, and can still use help.

Peter

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 16:13:12 by Peter van Es »
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!