Author Topic: Member activity  (Read 2696 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Member activity
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:05:51 »
Today I verified our membership base again. Note that we clean out old members on the site occasionally. If you've ever been a Full Member, we always keep your details. However, members who have not logged on on the site for over a year, and have never posted anything are deleted.  Members who have not logged on over two years and have posted messages, are also removed. All posts, uploads and so on are kept.

When we did this sort of pruning on the old system, the posts made by these members become owned by a non-existent member, 'n/a'. On the current system these posts are still listed under the user name, but the user is just no longer active on the site.

The result of this is that when you look at the Forum Statistics, the number of forum members (currently 1553) is actually accurate: there's no dead wood in there as you see on many other bulletin boards.

Currently we get around 130 new members each month... but I reckon only a small percentage is still an active member after a year.

Today we have 345 Full Members... that's the highest it's ever been. 110 of those members are from outside of the USA.

More information on Full Membership. You can now join, pay using a credit card through PayPal but without having to open a PayPal account, and get access to Full Member information immediately.

Peter
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:08:05 by Peter van Es »
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!