Author Topic: Look and feel of the site...  (Read 9544 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Look and feel of the site...
« on: September 03, 2009, 13:38:07 »
If you'd like a change of the way the forum looks, please experiment with one of the other looks of the website. It will only change the way the forums look, but you may prefer one of the other looks. You do this by selecting a new theme. I've made some changes to a number of the theme files, so that all Full Member functionality is now available in all themes.

To change the look and feel, log in first, then go to the Profile tab, then go to Look and Layout preferences, and for Current Theme press the change link.

Then choose one of the themes. The sMOOth-lt116v1 theme uses the least graphics and will be quickest over a dial-up line. The Scribbles-2 theme is quite fun. The classic SMF themes may be familiar to you from other websites. Have a look at some of the settings you can control for your theme.

You can always and easily revert back to the default board theme, so don't be afraid to experiment. If many people start changing their theme, I may even change the front page of the site to match the most popular theme!

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Dash808

• Silver
  • USA, HI, Kaneohe
Re: Look and feel of the site...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 22:20:48 »
Choices are good. 
I'm test driving the Scribbles 2, and my only recommendation would be to make the "new post" button color standout more. 
Chan Johnson
'67 250sl
Napoli Italian Euro

Bang Bang Booogie!

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 22:25:32 »
I'll be honest... I'm not planning to modify other themes just yet... as you're the only user of scribbles today, it wouldn't be worth my time...

There would have to be at least 100 users before I start modifying themes other than the sl113 theme... otherwise I'll end up with a whole new hobby next to my Pagoda  :D

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Dash808

• Silver
  • USA, HI, Kaneohe
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 07:00:52 »
Great, only 99 more users to go, lol. 

I do like how all the members info is located under the screen name on Scribbles 2.  That way you don't have to look around to see where people are from...

Chan
Chan Johnson
'67 250sl
Napoli Italian Euro

Bang Bang Booogie!

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 07:21:41 »
In the default forum it's all there too, with Location at the top right of each message!

Peter

Dash808

• Silver
  • USA, HI, Kaneohe
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 08:44:42 »
You are completely right, Peter.    It's just that I'm too lazy to look all the way to the right to see the info.   

When it's on the left by the screen name you can see everything all in one glance and then proceed to read the message.

I have issues  ;)
Chan Johnson
'67 250sl
Napoli Italian Euro

Bang Bang Booogie!

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 11:41:26 »
It's just that I'm too lazy to look all the way to the right to see the info.

I have issues  ;)

So how do you deal with such strenuous effort in your day job ? (Now if you pay me my retainer, I won't reveal what it is)  ;)

Peter

Dash808

• Silver
  • USA, HI, Kaneohe
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 22:17:05 »
Ha, good one.  Somehow I get by.   Delegating is a wonderful thing!

(98 more users to go)
Chan Johnson
'67 250sl
Napoli Italian Euro

Bang Bang Booogie!

Via Manci

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 13:24:56 »
Ciao,
I find the site very easy to negotiate.  It just seems to intigrate with itself so well.  One thing I wish we had more, and maybe you could in courage people to do more of, posting of pictures of what they are talking about or explaining.  Especially with technical things.  Fotographs are so easy to take and upload now a days.  For instance, I am in on the thread on cleaning the dash glass.  Well, I still do not know if it comes out from the front or from the back of the dash.  When I replaced the starter switch it was a 4/5 hour job to get to it, but it does not sound that way with the glass. I don't know where to start. If I saw some pictures, I am sure I would be orientated to the task at hand.  What do you think?

Grazie
Michael